Stolen - Rimor Superbrig 699 Living

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jimmyjoe, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Read Only Funster

Having only just signed up here, to get some advice, I unfortunately have to report having had our motorhome stolen on January 15th, when we were travelling abroad!!

Here's the details of it, just in case anyone spots it!

The Motorhome is a coach-built motorhome, built on a Ford Transit chassis, with an overcab double bed. Its primarily white, but with Beige and grey/blue running across it.
    The Coachbuilder is RIMOR, an Italian company, while the model of the actual camper is called Superbrig 699 Living. This is marked on the rear of the van, written sideways up the left hand side of the rear. RIMOR is printed on all four sides of the camper, while Superbrig is also written on all four sides of the camper.
    The Ford Transit cab is white, with beige/fawn bumper moulding with a 2.4TDCI engine developing 140bhp. The Cab seats are grey check, but a set of fawn coloured seat covers had been fitted, so that these seats would match the colour of the seats in the motorhome. It comes with Front Fog lamps, cruise control, and automatic wipers, which I believe was the comfort pack supplied by Ford.

[​IMG]

On the Passenger side, pictured above, there is a external locker just behind the cab door, which contains 2 Gas cylinders. Next to that, down low, is another locker, which contains yellow wheel chocks (for levelling the van), electrical cabling and fittings. The next door houses the canister for the internal toilet, while the door behind the rear wheels is access to what’s referred to as the “Garage” which is various items are stored, including two sun loungers, rubber floor matting, a length of garden hose on a reel and three sides to an Awning.
    Not visible in the picture above, is a split in the white shell above the windscreen on the passenger side. Also not visible, is the advertising on the disc holder, which is for Caoga Insurance.

[​IMG]

The Driver’s side of the camper, pictured above, has two vents just behind the drivers door, which are for the fridge. In the picture, both are vented, however, when stolen, the top vent was closed with an additional plastic covering. The covering for the bottom vent is partially broken, and was sitting on the floor of the cab, between the two seats. The side door into the camper, had it’s sliding mechanism at the top broken. The Step underneath the door is electric, operated by a switch just inside the door on the RHS. Again, to the rear, is access to the Garage. Across the top, can be seen the Fiamma awning locked into place. Since that picture was taken, a satellite system was installed on the roof, which provided both tv and broadband. The folded down satellite would be visible from the street.

[​IMG]

The rear of the camper has a ladder on the right hand side, a dual reversing camera above the window, and since this picture above was taken, a twin bicycle rack was fitted below the window, and a towbar was also fitted. A plastic coated chain & padlock was attached to both the ladder and the bicycle rack. As can be seen in the picture above, there is a full awning, only the roof, and the front is shown.

[​IMG]

This picture, is of the front of the van. The split in the white panelling, which is unique to this vehicle, is on the top right hand side of the windscreen, and has been covered with silver duct tape.

[​IMG]

This is a picture of the interior, from the cab towards the rear. In the rear, is wraparound seating around a table. Mounted on the LHS of the rear (not visible) is a 20” Grundig colour tv, together with the equipment to operate the satellite & broadband, including a router, a modem, and a Sky box. There were remotes for the tv and skybox too. In the cupboard behind the cooker is a full set of pots & pans, together with a toaster. There’s an electric kettle in the press under the sink. Under the cooker is a full set of cutlery. On the left, is a full Fridge and freezer, with a Microwave on top of it all. Above the cooker and hob, in the presses was a full set of crockery.

[​IMG]

This is the picture from the corner of that U, so that the TV can be seen wall mounted.

[​IMG]

This final picture is of the cab, from the table in the middle of the van. As can be seen, there’s a double bed over the cab. On the right hand side of the windscreen is a colour monitor for the dual reversing camera. The power for that is by plugging in a plug into the box, in front of the steering wheel.
    There is a full set of custom made sheets in a locker, to fit the beds in the camper. There was also a second Leisure battery sitting on the floor of the camper, for use, in case the first battery failed. There’s a fire extinguisher behind the passenger front seat.
    Also in the Garage to the rear of the van, is a heat reflective blanket to wrap around the windscreen.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I'll keep my eyes peeled jimmyjoe but I have to say when thieves steal a 90foot 35 ton sailing ketch in bright yellow, the only one in the world to have been built specially to order and the police can't find that what hope do you have.

Fairly difficult to hide compared to your Ford Rimor.....still

It's a bloody shame, and I hope the thieves get there comeuppance. Griff

• Like Like x 2
  3. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Sorry to hear your bad luck.

Hopefully your insurance company will make a reasonable payout if your MH isn't recovered soon.

4. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Did it not have a tracker system fitted????

the first thing i did when i got my RV was to fit the smart track system and a fully integrated alarm system

ok it was over £1000 .00

but to protect over £30K investment money well spent i say

sorry but i have little sentiment if you did not have the security on your van as they are a value item and will always be a target to undesirable low life scum who steal anything they can

5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Nice sympathetic reply. Perhaps you should have given that advice before the theft. :Smile:

• Like Like x 12
  6. icantremember

icantremember Funster

That's bad luck.......you mention you were travelling abroad so was it stolen in Ireland or elsewhere?

Brian

7. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

where was it taken from?

You did not tell us where it was stolen from.

Hope you get your insurance sorted out soon.

Bob

8. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

hindsight is great is'nt it:Doh:

• Like Like x 10
  9. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

Its your opinion................but would it have been nicer without the last para...I think so

Sorry to hear about the loss

barry

• Like Like x 11
  10. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

An uncalled for remark... :Angry:

Jimmyjoe was just stating his Motorhome had been stolen, and asked members to keep an eye out from what is a detailed discription..

And doubt he was asking for snide remarks...

I am sure you have done some thing or not and regretted it after the event.. as has most of us..

I wish you luck Jimmyjoe and sincerely hope you get your pride and joy back.. :thumb:

• Like Like x 17
  11. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

yes it is an opinion mine i express it as i see it if that is not what you like then that is fine by me

i find it quite hard to accept the bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted syndrome lets stand up and be counted

any one who has paid or borrowed the money to buy such an expensive item then not put the security on it and just hope insurance will pay out well you only get what you pay for

to many people take no security and expect all to be well
    in the real world the villans are every where sorry state of the society we live in

• Like Like x 2
  12. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

From another site where the theft is also reported -

"Oh, and on 15th January last, while I was out of the country, our house was burgled at 4am, and the key's to this was taken, as was the Motorhome itself!"

so it looks like stolen from Dublin folks.

13. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

line up and take the pot shots here
    i have big shoulders i am sure i can take it
    i do not mean to offend any one
    but if i have then it was not what i had in mind when posting

just do not hang me too high i suffer from vertigo !!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Put brain in gear before commenting !

Think about it Popeye ! The guy (Motorhome lover) is not a mind reader, I was about to suggest that a tracker would have made all the difference! I have one fitted...do you ????

15. Phill D

Phill D

I think the whole point here is a fellow motorhomer asking for HELP!:Eeek:

and we give him a hard time...:Angry:.. I am sure he now knows all too well the what if's right now.:Doh:

• Like Like x 6
  16. Stephen & Jeannie

Au contraire !!

It's Motorhome lover who is being given the stick !! Just for giving his two pennyworth !
    I suppose that I am now going to have some remarks about my parenthood thrust upon me !! Try it !!! :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Yes I do, I also have a Cat 1 Thatcham together with all doors and flaps and immobiliser besides the Factory fitted one. I still feel that the OP was asking for our help in finding his motor-home not a lecture on what he should have done.

I have to say that IF my MH was kept outside my house and IF my house was burgled while I was away and IF the keys and the motor-home were stolen then none of those anti-theft devices would have helped me until I come home and discover its absence, by which time it would be a little late, but thank you for your view, that is what the Forum is for....Griff

• Like Like x 5
  18. Stephen & Jeannie

Popeye (Griff) !!!....I look forward to buying you a beer or three sometime !!:thumb:

19. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

with smart track they contact me if the vehicle moves when i am away
    it is on gps so they can see where it is any where in Europe
    they will phone me direct and also a second nominated person
    you only get what you pay for

none of this bleep bleep tracker of the 1990s so that only shows within 100 meters by the police.

I did not mean any offense in my original post and i stand by what i have written

20. mikkidee

mikkidee Read Only Funster

Give him a break people, it was only an opinion, he didn't steal the van.:Smile:

• Like Like x 5