LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its the same with farm and construction equipment heading out to eastern europe and luxury cars and 4x4s heading to the uae and certain african countries. the thieves book the ferry for heading out early hours and steal the vehicle to suit. with very expensive motorhomes and performance cars, the trick they use is to drive it a few miles then park up and watch it for 24 hours to see if a tracker is activated and the police bother to turn up. then it is driven straight to the ferry

a few months ago an international gang was taken down and hundreds of stolen vehicles traced to the united arab emirates. i dont believe all the found vehicles in that case were repatriated either. the insurance companies that owned them having paid out just sold them through auction for a portion of their value. it didnt even get much mention in the news media

its just politically embarrassing so will continue

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
There are cameras in the Conway tunnel so police may have a record of it going through, also other cameras if they tried to avoid the tunnel.

Hope you get it back

Lynne

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
I don't think the police are bothered and insurance companies arent that bothered either it is just econmics to them. It would be pretty easy for video footage of vehicles loading on ferries to be sent to the police, likely vehicles could be spotted looked at more closely and taken back at the other side. Or maybe the CRiS numbers could scanned off a couple of windows by a hand held device as they drive through check in.
Shame all vehicles don't have to have hidden tag / microchip ID systems that are scanned at petrol stations and ports to flags up stolen vehicles quickly. It just seems like some crimes don't really matter!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
What's an essay start please?

793797.jpeg
793797.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
NOT the best immobiliser I've seen !!!
But good luck to the owner of the nicked van.
It might be time I got a cheap self monitored tracker for ours !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back