Free Member
May 9, 2015
Sheringham
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Exp
12years
Hi all can you please help find my friends motorhome stolen from Southend,Essex on Friday night29th the Reg is HX10FFB
IMG_1564 (2).JPG

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Another Ford based vehicle by the looks. They really seem to have security issues.

It's probably on different plates by now.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Sorry to hear of this theft. I'll certainly keep my eye's open up here in Scotland. Thieves very often think they're safe if they take a vehicle to the other end of the country, but thieves tend to be a bit thick & they certainly don't take forums or social media into account.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Hi all can you please help find my friends motorhome stolen from Southend,Essex on Friday night29th the Reg is HX10FFBView attachment 118087

Could you please ask and tell us what sort of security it has fitted. It's always a bit puzzling to hear of modern motorhomes being stolen and it would be interesting to understand how.
I know modern scrotes are getting clever and I just wonder if sometimes a good old fashioned yellow steering wheel clamp might not be more effective.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Could you please ask and tell us what sort of security it has fitted. It's always a bit puzzling to hear of modern motorhomes being stolen and it would be interesting to understand how.
I know modern scrotes are getting clever and I just wonder if sometimes a good old fashioned yellow steering wheel clamp might not be more effective.
Unfortunately Transits are known to have poor locks and an easily bypassed immobilizer

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning

It's a Ford Transit. Less than 30 seconds and a £20 "key" and it's gone with no damage to the lock barrels.
You can even buy the "key" on Amazon
No harm in posting this video here - Ford know about the issue, as do the police

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Still in Essex at the moment, The plate might be Irish now though same as ten other stolen vans of the same make, guess who might do that trick and reside in large numbers in Essex.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
After seeing videos similar to the above last week on how easy it is to break into some Vehicles , i have ordered deadlocks for my Fiat Ducato based MH , lets just hope i cut the holes in the right place..
Real shame about the theft of your friends MH ,, fingers crossed it turns up and in one piece

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
After seeing videos similar to the above last week on how easy it is to break into some Vehicles , i have ordered deadlocks for my Fiat Ducato based MH , lets just hope i cut the holes in the right place..
Real shame about the theft of your friends MH ,, fingers crossed it turns up and in one piece
Be interesting to see your locks fitted could you post photos (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with the ducato and peugeot the thieves know a sharpened screwdriver punched through the door skin below the handle opens the door in 2 seconds. you can buy a stainless steel plate to prevent it and repair an attack

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Still in Essex at the moment, The plate might be Irish now though same as ten other stolen vans of the same make, guess who might do that trick and reside in large numbers in Essex.
Large numbers in Essex at the moment from tne Emerald Isle. A number of big weddings. Dagenham and Stansted rumour has it.....

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Be interesting to see your locks fitted could you post photos (y)
Sure will do as long as i don't make a mess :D

with the ducato and peugeot the thieves know a sharpened screwdriver punched through the door skin below the handle opens the door in 2 seconds. you can buy a stainless steel plate to prevent it and repair an attack
I will fell happier sleeping at night while wild camping somewhere , that i have dead locks on , plus leaving the MH unattended means its "more likely" to still be there when you get back , ofc there is nothing stopping a thief from just snapping open one of the plastic windows and clearing out the MH of anything they wanted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back