Stolen motorhome recovered via tracker (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Hope this link works. A motorhome on a flat bed recovery vehicle, both on false plates, recovered due to tracker on motorhome, on M5 in midland motorway network earlier today.. [ame="https://twitter.com/cmpg/status/432542734571028480"]https://twitter.com/cmpg/status/432542734571028480[/ame]

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
nice to hear some good news

bet the thieving bastards get a reduced sentence due to ethnic minority or some such crap.

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Just goes to show that even a modest tracker is better than none at all:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Very good news but nothing we didn't already know regarding the effectiveness of a tracker. What would be really useful to members is, how did they nick it in the first place, that would help folks take better precautions. As an ex copper I know how difficult it is to take a modern vehicle without the key. Most vehicle thefts occur after the scrote has gotten hold of keys somehow. I notice that the van is on a recovery vehicle. Is this what was used to take the MH ?, if so then it may have been just hauled up onto the back of it, what were the circumstances?. Pleasing end result though. I've got a cheap tracker from eBay that sends a text to my phone if the van moves more than 200m. It works very well and has caught me out twice when I forgot to switch it off, they are well worth the money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back