LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Stolen my motorhome at 4 30 am this morning was alarmed and had steering lock and was still connected to electric, but they still got it, C15 BAS is the reg please keep a eye out for us.

Taken from Facebook

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Some have said the biggest problem is the alarm switches off once you turn the key in the door as it's part of the self locking system. Keys to open these locks are readily available on EBay. It's a pity Ford don't do anything about it. Different lock barrels are available as well. As for the steering lock if you look on youtube it takes about 30 seconds to remove one. They have probably had their eye on it for a few days and ready for everything. Sorry to here it's gone. Hope they find it without any damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
The number plate will probably have been changed immediately to avoid ANPR detection.

Aftermarket immobilisers seem to be the solution. It's remarkable that Transit owners are still unaware as it happens so often...

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Thats the second one posted this week as stolen, its about time Ford did something about those locks I think. I wonder where all these motorhomes go as there doesn't appear to be many posts saying they have been recovered.

Are they on a ferry to somewhere fairly fast I wonder as they are not exactly inconspicuous are they!!

Hope you get it back quickly and undamaged.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Very sad for you, have seen it on Facebook too.

Bastards.

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
I complained like hell when I was persuaded to fork out nearly 500 notes for a tracker and lifetime subscription.
Doesn't seem like a bad deal now....
Hope you get the van back and they catch the sod's that nicked it..
:devil:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thats the second one posted this week as stolen, its about time Ford did something about those locks I think. I wonder where all these motorhomes go as there doesn't appear to be many posts saying they have been recovered.

Are they on a ferry to somewhere fairly fast I wonder as they are not exactly inconspicuous are they!!

All appear to be RHD drive so the only country they would be welcome is probably Ireland.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
So sad to hear :(

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There was a post on faceache about Amazon of all people selling 'locksmiths' master key for Fords. It beggars belief. Whatever you do never have your alarm connected into the central locking!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Some have said the biggest problem is the alarm switches off once you turn the key in the door as it's part of the self locking system. Keys to open these locks are readily available on EBay. It's a pity Ford don't do anything about it. Different lock barrels are available as well. As for the steering lock if you look on youtube it takes about 30 seconds to remove one. They have probably had their eye on it for a few days and ready for everything. Sorry to here it's gone. Hope they find it without any damage.
Might not have happened with a separate strike back alarm system @eddievanbitz ...........

...it will already be on the way to Ireland on false plates by now

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

Probably goes to an industrial estate or area within 20 miles or so and gets stripped for parts.

Sheldon C

Free Member
Mar 30, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 695EB Profila
Exp
Since 1995
More likely parked somewhere, with vehicle being watched until they are sure there is not a tracker fitted.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
More likely parked somewhere, with vehicle being watched until they are sure there is not a tracker fitted.
You may well be right but it's worth more as parts and its a lot less hassle to the theives.
Low mileage ... well serviced transits .. good for parts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back