Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

Years ago I was usually asked for security roof marks in the form of postcodes. Over the last 2 years a lot of roof marking on various machines/motorhomes etc is the last three or four (depending on space) digits of the VIN number. This saves time and trouble climbing onto the roof and removing ID that only applies to the current owner. The VIN will remain on the roof for the vans life. If roof ID is purchased I would recommend the same height as the emergency services order from me. They used to use 6 inch then 12 and the last 10years have insisted on no less than 18 inch for both the Police and Prison service vehicles.
like this cost £15.00 for van & car:thumb:

Attachments

• 20140109_143154.jpg
    20140109_143154.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140109_143015.jpg
    20140109_143015.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 22

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

Hi Don

As you have two of these I wonder if you can help.

I've just purchased one and it came with a SIM card by Lebara Mobile. There's no credit on the card and I'm just a bit confused as to how I should add credit? Personally, I've never heard of Lebara Mobile.

Cheers

John
i have a [back2you] payment via top up card ] movement sensors micrephone,engine emmobiliser, see back2 you web sight near scarbarough i think:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Hi Don

As you have two of these I wonder if you can help.

I've just purchased one and it came with a SIM card by Lebara Mobile. There's no credit on the card and I'm just a bit confused as to how I should add credit? Personally, I've never heard of Lebara Mobile.

Cheers

John

That looks interesting. Anything to give a bit of peace of mind when your MH is sitting outside alone. How good are these? I might get myself one.
How long does the battery last between charges, the sim is payg, does the credit stay on the card or has it got to be topped up regularly, how does the phone app work to track using gps?

Allan

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
That looks interesting. Anything to give a bit of peace of mind when your MH is sitting outside alone. How good are these? I might get myself one.
How long does the battery last between charges, the sim is payg, does the credit stay on the card or has it got to be topped up regularly, how does the phone app work to track using gps?

Allan

Check out this site http://www.ovivomobile.com/

Freedon 0

Ordered one and on its way :)

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
This tracker has come up on another forum:

Also has the facility for the engine to be stopped by text message.

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
It's Gone !

seems a long time since any one posted owt is there any update on this vehicle

Well what can I say other than It's gone & not been seen since about 30 mins past midnight on the 3rd January. :cry:

I would like to say how marvellous both Caravan Guard & RSA Insurance have been !!!
They have kept me well informed with the process & been very sympathetic at all times.
The investigation team were very thorough, the 50 min interview was quite tough (but they are only doing their job). It was then passed to the claim assessor, who was very sympathetic & didn't expect me to take the ridiculous 'book price', it was a little difficult for him to put a firm figure on it as there is NO '56 ' plate Apache 700 SE for sale in the country & only a few '06' plates & '07' plates. In the end we came to a very fair retail price for the motorhome, I was then passed to the contents dept, who were again very sympathetic & gave me a very good figure on the contents (even paid for the camping chairs).

In less than 4 weeks & I have just received my cheque !

Now to shop for the replacement, which will be fitted with a Cat 1 alarm & a tracker this time.

Again I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND CARAVAN GUARD & RSA INSURANCE - Many thanks to them both. :thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well what can I say other than It's gone & not been seen since about 30 mins past midnight on the 3rd January. :cry:

I would like to say how marvellous both Caravan Guard & RSA Insurance have been !!!
They have kept me well informed with the process & been very sympathetic at all times.
The investigation team were very thorough, the 50 min interview was quite tough (but they are only doing their job). It was then passed to the claim assessor, who was very sympathetic & didn't expect me to take the ridiculous 'book price', it was a little difficult for him to put a firm figure on it as there is NO '56 ' plate Apache 700 SE for sale in the country & only a few '06' plates & '07' plates. In the end we came to a very fair retail price for the motorhome, I was then passed to the contents dept, who were again very sympathetic & gave me a very good figure on the contents (even paid for the camping chairs).

Now to shop for the replacement, which will be fitted with a Cat 1 alarm & a tracker this time.

Again I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND CARAVAN GUARD & RSA INSURANCE - Many thanks to them both. :thumb:

Thanks for the update glad to a sort of happy conclusion
Personally I wouldn't want ours back if it was stolen

Sooner replace it

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
so glad it was good news from the ins firm. I hope you find what you want.and we hope to see you and the new yours at one of meets.:thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Glad you got a good - and reasonably quick - result from the insurance company. It sounds like a similar approach to the one which Highway LV took with us.

Ours took six weeks but it was over Christmas/New Year and with two vehicles crashing (separately) into our van it was a bit complicated by the extra insurance company involvement.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Pleased to hear the insurers have been fair with you. :thumb::thumb:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
TK102 B hard-wiring kit

Just for info, I ordered one of these yesterday and it arrived today. They sell a separate hard-wiring kit but mine arrived with one already in the box so I don't need to buy it as an extra.

Have just plugged a PAYG SIM card in and will give it a go tomorrow when the unit has charged up.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I'm starting to wonder if an Autotrail actually WAS stolen!:Eeek:

Or was it a fake post by a supplier of tracker systems?!:roflmto:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I'm starting to wonder if an Autotrail actually WAS stolen!:Eeek:

Or was it a fake post by a supplier of tracker systems?!:roflmto:

Just 2 ?? I got carried away, 1 on each of the kids, 1 on the dog, 1 on the wife's car, 1 on wife ! 1 on the MH and as I drift off, 1 on me in case I'm not home by tea-time

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Really pleased for the OP that the insurers stood by their obligations and there was a happyish ending.
I for one wouldn't want a van back once it was contaminated by thieving vermin.:Angry:

Sorry if my earlier remark was too flippant. Just trying to be be British and laugh in the face of adversity.

Tea anyone?:Smile:

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Probable Method

Just a technical question for the experts. Would your average vehicle thief need a key for this year of van, or is its age an indicator that it could be hot-wired?

I was talking to a security expert at last weekends Motorhome Show in Manchester & he said that the method used was most likely:

The wheel clamp was removed using a small oxyacetylene unit to cut through the clamp?
I thought that they had smashed off the ignition barrel to hot wire it, but he said that was just to break the steering lock?
They had removed a panel under the nearside front, which is apparently where they could hook into the diagnostic port/cdi & then reprogramme the codes?

The next one will have a top of the range alarm & tracker (also incorporating 'safe stop' technology) & am looking at storing in a CaSSOA storage facility (although nearly all of them are full at this time of the year).

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
It's useful to get some feedback. Thanks Stevie. At least we can start to think about counteracting their MO, like you have.

I know, why not use some of that gas that their friends use?
Ed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back