STOLEN-- Autotrail 840s tag axle (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My own answer to security has been a lock fitted to the seat plate. With the seat facing backwards I drilled a hole into the plate and fitted this clutch lock.
The van cannot be driven without a seat and the lock would be very difficult to remove, as long as the key is not available.

Attachments

• seat lock.jpg
    seat lock.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 61

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Pleased they got it back, would have been better if they could have left it where it was found with police surveillance and caught the barst***ts when they came back for it.

I think I'll give norfolk a miss with the amount of security @Jaws has fitted must be a right dodgy place.

Must admit we are a bit lapse, had to have an alarm for insurance also have security locks on both hab doors, take the view if it goes as long as it's insured we can look forward to a new van.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Pleased they got it back, would have been better if they could have left it where it was found and shot the barst***ts when they came back for it.

There I've corrected it for you.(y)
Joking aside that's what I'd have done. Sat & waited & then emptied a shotgun into them all. & reloaded & again. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Pleased they got it back, would have been better if they could have left it where it was found with police surveillance and caught the barst***ts when they came back for it.
That's how they caught the Itinerant that stole my works van after breaking into our house and stealing the keys (along with a lot more stuff). They think he was stealing to order and when a BMW was dumped in the same street as my van the night before ( my van was rescued as it had about fifty grand of gear in it) and got permission from the insurance company to leave it where it was while the Itinerant checked for a tracker. It worked and the bastard got a few volts from a taser for his trouble. :D

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Was the MH a left hander ,?

We know of someone in Gainsborough that has had 2 attempts on stealing their Hymer in the last month ....

Removing the fencing panels once and ram raiding the iron gate / railings the second time .. This is in the middle of a quiet residential estate ! .

The Police think it is being targeted as it is left hand drive ,

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp