STOLEN-- Autotrail 840s tag axle (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
upload_2015-11-18_11-22-4.jpeg
This is a picture of a Neta dome but to be honest, the words are not easy to see. Someone just beat me to it...

Alan

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Great news, hope all is well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Just got update van back home //update when home
Thanks all terry
Thats great news Terry, just for info, do you have details of where it was found/located? Thanks,
Lance

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Fantastic news Terry thanks for keeping us updated hope there is no damage and that the thieves were caught (y) be interested to know the outcome
Sue

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
good news, my keys in safe when fitted in the next hour.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL - we have a small safe, we now need a bigger one since we have slightly more than one vehicle and they all have slightly more than one key, then of course you will need more than one key to the damn safe.

The whole aspect of security in general can get out of hand for what you consider that you actually have at risk and what you leave out hoping they will pinch when they break in!

eg they didn't get our telly, it was the fact it was in the middle of the drive behind my parked car when it was drizzling at 6am one morning that the passer by on her way to work thought was a bit odd, so dialled 999 bless her. So that was one thing they didn't get - since my car keys were also on the drive, they couldn't get it started apparently, perhaps that was because Pete had taken the battery off and it was on charge in our garage which fortunately they hadn't tried to get into as it would have made a racket I expect forcing a metal up and over door ...

Oh good we still had the telly.

Oh sheet - they must have pocketed the bloody remote and didn't dump that - so we couldn't turn the poxy thing on till we could get another !

They did get a substantial amount of stuff (some quite expensive too) they could carry, but it must have been heavy and awkward so we defo know they must have been fit ... that must narrow it down then ROFL, wouldn't have been Norman Stanley Fletcher, clearly !

And until we actually started adding it all up at replacement cost - we were actually gobsmacked at the value of stuff and only by luck was it insured* since had we needed to actually tell insurers a value upfront when insuring it, we wouldn't have told them anywhere near that amount.

* Please note that I earned a very good living all my working life, being employed in the insurance industry. It also provided Pete's employment for part of his career. We were both almost paranoid about insuring it all - so it came like a slap across both our faces to discover how we'd undervalued the stuff - when we didn't need another one.

Please LEARN from our mistakes !

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thank you so much for bringing us up to date.
I feel sure that I am not alone in feeling the pain of your loss and also our own vulnerability. Getting adequately covered by your household insurance is something I am now aware of. Our cover went up to £2000 for contents, which in reality, and to our surprise, was less than it needed to be.
I am sure that you will be able to put this down to a learning experience and are only too happy to have some of your treasured possessions returned.

Alan

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thank gawd for that !!

I will be up front and say the post prompted me to increase the security on our van today
Yes, it has a Thatcham cat 1 alarm system, a tracker and is parked in front of two security camera systems, but I have just added a Thatcham cat 4 wheel locking device AND a steering wheel baseball bat type lock

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Been up to Bobs and the van is parked up where it belongs (y)Only a slight scratch to the twin plastic wheel arch but the thieves still have a set of keys to the van and there tow car so the insurance have left the ball in there court as to what they want to do IE MAKE A CLAIM = LOSS OF NO CLAIMS plus I suspect ins loaded next year or not make a claim but if van or car gets taken with the keys no insurance :(:LOL: you could not make it up ;)
Claim on house ins plus car ins who will change locks on car plus MH ins who will pay for locks and damage to wheel arch -As I type some security posts are being made and they are awaiting call backs from all 3 ins companies :eek:
The van was spotted yesterday afternoon at around 3 pm by a local farmer on the track leading up to his farm hid behind a articulated truck so not visible unless you used the track to the farm -Steve (local farmer) knows Bob but did not put 2 plus 2 together until this morning when he realised who's van it was(y)Checked out the van and left a farm hand guarding the van while he went to bobs (y)(y)This is about a mile away from the bungalow -to say Bobnden were relieved is a understatement so once again many thanks to all who posted on other sites etc We have been and had a good look around to see if we could find any keys hid away but no doubt the scumbags probably left the van hide away to see if a tracker etc had been fitted before moving it on
terry

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Great news :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just logged on, so pleased it has all turned out well. (y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
BOBS HAD ANOTHER CALL FROM INS AND THEY WANT VAN IN A LOCK UP FOR THE NIGHT :LOL:he TOLD THEM IT'S VERY SECURE AND BLOCKED IN,BUT THEY SAY BECAUSE THE THIEVES WHO STOLE IT STILL HAVE KEYS THEY ARE AFRAID THEY MAY COME BACK AND SET FIRE TO IT -IF THEY CANNOT HAVE IT THEN NO ONE CAN :(anyway it's been emptied and is now in a secure building for the night -why it needed emptying to go into a secure lock up is anyone's guess but although a lot of hassel to empty it's been done (y)and getting moved in morning to the place where one assumes are going to change the locks etc -the man said it was only there for the night and they had to deliver it elsewhere in the morning for work to be done (y)Just brought Bob back from dropping van off and now having a long hot soak in the bath ;)(y):LOL:
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
You are a good un Terry. Such a good bloke.
We are glad Denise and Bob gave hot their van back. Send them our best wishes. We haven't seen them for a while. Bx

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You are a good un Terry. Such a good bloke.
We are glad Denise and Bob gave hot their van back. Send them our best wishes. We haven't seen them for a while. Bx
Will do (y):LOL:Cannot believe all the hassle they are going through even though they have the van back --bath time now ;)
terry

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes, when the Itinerant's stole my works van I had to work away for a few days till the locks could be changed, the ins co didn't want it anywhere near our house.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
BOBS HAD ANOTHER CALL FROM INS AND THEY WANT VAN IN A LOCK UP FOR THE NIGHT :LOL:he TOLD THEM IT'S VERY SECURE AND BLOCKED IN,BUT THEY SAY BECAUSE THE THIEVES WHO STOLE IT STILL HAVE KEYS THEY ARE AFRAID THEY MAY COME BACK AND SET FIRE TO IT -IF THEY CANNOT HAVE IT THEN NO ONE CAN :(anyway it's been emptied and is now in a secure building for the night -why it needed emptying to go into a secure lock up is anyone's guess but although a lot of hassel to empty it's been done (y)and getting moved in morning to the place where one assumes are going to change the locks etc -the man said it was only there for the night and they had to deliver it elsewhere in the morning for work to be done (y)Just brought Bob back from dropping van off and now having a long hot soak in the bath ;)(y):LOL:
terry
It probably is over reaction by the insurance company but you can't assume anything about a gang who would steal such a large MH. It looks as if it was a genuine attempt to steal the vehicle and if not discovered it would have been lost for ever I fear.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
and now having a long hot soak in the bath ;)(y):LOL:
terry

Oh cheers pal.. Brought the whole tone of the thread right down and now I have an image of you with your ipad on your junk while typing away
I am scarred for life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Parked up to make sure it hasn't got a tracker and then a set of IRISH PLATES for a non existent vehicle will go on and off they will go. . Do it as it will be there for a few days, until they are sure it isn't being watched. It is worth doing it.
TOLD YOU. That is the classic way of doing it when the Irish Travelers do it. I would advise a tracker to go in it, I have a simple and cheap Sentinel, It is a small box you leave in the van near the door and it will sense unauthorised entry ( no Dongle nearby) and text you . You can then ask for position and it will give you the grid info and the speed and direction. I also have an electric fuel shut off in the line that stop fuel flow when off and along the fuel line in an obscure place. Will not start and run down the battery trying. Cost £8.50 on ebay and is a straight fit with two olives to the line.
Anyway well done on getting it back, how far from home was it?

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Great news.... Good to here some good tidings with the news the past few days.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Hope they find it ok. Window etching used to be a good deterrent, cost to replace that many windows put off most thieves.
The window etching is good, I marked the reg number on all my forsestry equipment including my quads. I used a pointed high power soldering iron and it melts into the plastic becoming impossible ??? to remove easily. Plastic windows on a van are another place to do it, Do not put your postcode on it for when you sell. Or the BEST WAY to stop it going is paint it bright PINK. no body will touch it with a barge pole but neither will it ever sell except to a very discerning buyer(s)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back