Steveonley

Free Member
May 14, 2014
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 636L
Exp
We are off to Stockton on Tees Caravan Club site tomorrow for a week where the white water rafting course is.
Anyone been ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes, lived there for 6 weeks in between houses.

Edit: Should have added it was some years ago and we were in a caravan at the time.

Martin

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Nice quiet site with excellent facilities, as per most/all CC sites. Views Eastwards across the marshes to Tees flyover, with lights at night. Wardens were always amenable and happy for me to park as and where I wanted to.

Easy access from A19 (N&S) onto A66 (E&W), all dual carriageway then a short but wide section of "normal" road. Follow the signs! [BEWARE a large "bump" as you leave the site and cross the first set of traffic lights to go to morrisons or to turn west onto A66!]

Pub (Harvester?) only a few yards away.

Asda is a walk away along a good path. Morrisons is a very short drive away, just after crossing over the A66 on a bridge.

Whitewater rafting (when available) is about 300yards away, and water skiing is available approx. 500 yards away, after crossing the barrier, which keeps the West side of the Tees at a high level.

Enjoy - Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motomike

Free Member
May 2, 2012
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
since 2008
Been a couple of times. Decent pub at entrance, ASDA nearby with other shops across the road. Watching kayaking on course is free and entertaining. Bit of a walk into town though. Nature reserve next to site for dog walking. River Tees has seals coming right up to the barrage.
I've enjoyed my stays there.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Living locally we've never stayed there but have visited to buy gas for our previous van. What others have said gives a pretty accurate picture.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I use premier inn there too bloody often over last 10 years
I have had a walk around camp site and it looks very clean and tidy
Good access with level roads in and out to pub it's a nice place
But a a previous poster stated it quite a long way to nearest town
It's about ten quid in a taxi to Middlesbrough and 8 into Stockton
If you are staying any length of time yarm is a good night out with some good pubs and food

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
White Water

We live local to White Water and have stayed there many times- also lived there when in between houses.
Its ideal for wheelchair users there is a level footpath all around the rafting viewing area, we have walked into Stockton for the market on a Saturday, a good level path.
Hope you enjoy your stay there is a lot to do in the near by area.
Forgot to mention we also hired a car to travel to family on a daily basis from Enterprise in Stockton they came to the site and picked us up a brilliant sevice if you want to leave your van on site.

Sue

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We are there now for a week , pitch 75 give us a shout . nice site a fair walk to the asda and bus stop , £ 2.84 for a pint of boddingtons, caravan club WiFi or premier inn WiFi and the weather is OK too

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
it was nice to meet up with you steve and your wife carol at stockton ,we enjoyed the few beers we had the couple of nights we had out together and hope the sun keeps shinning till its time for you to leave at the end of the week, enjoy the new motorhome and will be intouch to arrange a meet up later in the year::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back