Stir Crazy

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Have been stuck indoors for a week now ( apart from runs to the post office daily and a couple of runs on the bikes )..
    I REALLY need to get out in the van for a weekend..
    Absolutely No chance though..
    Woman has got man flu ( ohhhh revenge is so sweet ! ) and I still have not managed to clear enough snow from around the van to crawl around under it and fit the new air suspension.

Been out on the dirt bike a couple of times and a trip up to the coast on the 1200GS ( BMW ) but I NEED to get out in the van !!!!!

How the heck do others get by without a regular fix ??

2. Autoquest

Autoquest Read Only Funster

Boring as hell ain't it :shout: I hate winter, dark evenings, dark mornings, can't walk anywhere, stuck behind people driving in a hint of snow at 10 mph, driving behind Ford Ka's in snowdrift conditions, broken down boilers, :Angry: everything about winter is miserable :Sad:

3. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

I've been working under the van all last weekend.Boy that awning comes in handy if it rains.:BigGrin:

Been sorting out some rogue wiring and replacing bits.

Know what you mean though.Rather be out in it than working on it.

That reminds me. Fit new lpg tank next for the habitation ...:BigGrin:

B++++y snowing again here this morning.Looks like I'm gonna get rather cold again.

Those snowball fights ...and snowmen building excursions break up the monotony a bit

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Here in Norfolk there were only a few of days of REAL cold.. The snow keeps snowing but, apart from the odd pile, has been turning to wet mush ..
    Not sure what is worse to be honest !!
    I know my crocs keep leaking :BigGrin: If it carries on much longer I am gonna either have to use some proper footwear or get some powder for the potential trench foot I am likely to be suffering !!

I think if the van was off road I would be inclined to clear it all away and dive under there, but as it is on the road ( albeit on a concrete pad designated a parking area that actually has nothing BUT motorhomes on it ! ) I am reluctant to start clearing............

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

We don't we just survive.
    To old now to enjoy the snow, can't find another OAP who wants a snowball fight.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Bad here.

Walk a mile to the shops is the only option on this hill.

Thank goodness for FUN.

7. plasma

plasma Read Only Funster

This weather is a nuisance, like you we are very keen bikers, and have'nt been able to use them because of the ice for several weeks, the same with the motorhome. Global warming, what globel warming!!!!!!!

Plasma

8. geoff587

geoff587 Read Only Funster

I f i could have got out on my bike I would have had a regular fix. Respect :thumb:

9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Welllllll.. it has not been anywhere near as bad here as other places to be fair :Smile:

Still a fair amount of slush and snow about but when you get a bit of a beat on down a green lane you soon raise a sweat !

10. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

stuck in

well i dont want to go in motor home, i dont want to get out and walk i dont want to meet or talk to lots of people and i dont want to have to wave to happy motorhomers heading somewhere i dont need to check van or ride bike, i dont want to get off this chair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh yes,,, forgot,, ONE THING I REALY WANT TO DO,,,,,,,,
    STOP TELLING LIES AND LIVE AGAIN,,,, I NEED MY M/H FIX,, could so easily go mad,,,, ANOTHER LIE,,, AM MAD. well talking to you crazy lot,,, and thank goodness i can,,, thanks everybody,, see you on the road soon,,, good luck and travel well,,:cry::cry::Blush::Blush::Rofl1:

11. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Ahhh Froggy.. I think I know the word you are looking for here.. I often use it in fact.

WIBBLE...

12. bill2b

bill2b Read Only Funster

Yesterday evening We got back from 2 days in North Norfolk, left straight from work Thursday and stayed on a Beach carpark. We were the only ones there "Surprise, surprise" :Laughing:. It was brilliant. Definately glad to be in a 4 ton van though the wind was very strong!
    Next day we went to a CL in Holt, 6 inches of snow on the field managed to locate where we could reach water and electrics and from then on had a ball.
    Next day Mr Cooper kindly got his old tractor out and tugged us off :Blush:
    Would not take any money for it so we had to force a tenner into his hand, what a top bloke.
    He did tell us that the beach carpark where we stayed the previous night has been known to flood on high tides :Eeek::Eeek:
    What have we learnt?
    The garden track things are not up to our vans weight.
    The cut down bread boxes do a good job.
    and finally dont listen to the doom and gloom from the media :Laughing::Laughing:

13. froghopper

i agrreeee

if car park had flooded, you could say van had a full wash over, and in side as well as out, so nice and clean ready for summer,,, this cold realy has got to me,,,, wot was that word i was looking for,,,,, oh yes,,, that one :thumb::thumb::thumb::Rofl1:

14. allie sommerville

allie sommerville Read Only Funster

How's about reading a good book? :Wink:

15. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Been right through all the sci-fi stuff I have ( that is worth reading a 2nd time ! ).
    I then started working my through the entire works of Terry Pratchett ( got em all, from the Carpet People on.. even the odd little pamphlet thing he produced with some unknown all about hunting birds ) when Woman walked in and gave me his new offering.

So yep, now reading that but would MUCH rather be reading it in the van on a site far far away !! :p

16. allie sommerville

allie sommerville Read Only Funster

Hope you enjoy it! :Smile:

17. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

So far so good ( but have never ever been let down by anything he has written [​IMG]

18. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Simple Guys...

Just need to fit the right tyres.:Cool::thumb:

[​IMG]

19. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just how cool is THAT !!
    Watched normal ( !! Is there such a thing ! ) ice racing and it is fantastic.. Racing as in the pic would be bloody amazing three times over !

20. froghopper

going to try it in morning

well, that looks good, have a nice yamaha t d m 850,,will try it with that on m 3, will leave panniers on, then if it goes a bit wrong i can use them as a sledge,, new somthing would get me out of my chair, after all been sat here since boxing day,,:Doh::Doh::Doh: