stir crazy (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi I have not been on the road since the end of September & thankfully will be heading for Spain in just over a weeks time so my question is how long before you start getting itchy feet & the urge to travel I seem to only last about 2 months how about you happy travels Rod

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I get itchy feet after a week. I'm happy enough if we go local or even on the drive. Stupid I know but once the blinds are shut we can be wherever we want to be in our mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Usually as soon as we get onto the M20 after coming back through the tunnel I want to turn round and go back

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
[QUits not just me then thanks
TE="NickNic, post: 1645886, member: 29692"]Usually as soon as we get onto the M20 after coming back through the tunnel I want to turn round and go back[/QUOTE]
So I

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Hung the spurs up at 70,filled in for mates,bought a property in Portugal '09,refurbed it,moved back to England,missed Portugal,so sold up in UK,came back over,sold first house and bought another,thats now done and dusted. Got the travel bug again,anywhere,in anything,as long as the wheels keep turning.
I still think of the windscreen as my window on the world and want to see all i can while i have the chance,memories ? Locked away,but brought out and savoured again in quiet moments,so here's to us all,amassing MORE LOL.
Tea Bag

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We seem to work on a 2 month clock, after this period if we are home we want to be on the road and if we are away we start to long for home. However this applies to relatively long trips and during the summer we manage to slake our wanderlust in the UK with trips to music festivals and the ever lovely Cornwall.

The Tinca's

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
The Tinca's[/QUOTE]
Hi know what you mean where are you in Devon we go down to Exmouth sea front & pretend we are on holiday cheers Rod

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Took delivery of our new van 2 weeks ago. Brought it home, filled it up with all the stuff from the old van and......................................................................
it's just been sat on the drive ever since.
Absolutely bursting to get away in it, but so much crap, err, I mean family issues, keep getting in the way.
Looks like it'll be after New Year before we can go anywhere so, like Irnbru, I'm going to live in it on the drive for a while.:)

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
[/QUOTE]Hi know what you mean where are you in Devon we go down to Exmouth sea front & pretend we are on holiday cheers Rod[/QUOTE]

We are just outside of Torquay and we often just go up on Dartmoor for 1 or 2 nights during the week when it quiet just to get that freedom feeling.............

The Tinca's

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Me too.

Nice to use our own laundry machines and be sure everything has been properly washed and dried though.........
We've got a portable washing machine on board so not an excuse for us. Mrs C likes to get back home to see the grandchildren though
image.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Stephen.jpg
We've got a portable washing machine on board so not an excuse for us. Mrs C likes to get back home to see the grandchildren though

It's more the drying that is the problem..... we usually kidnap the older grandson when we want to. At 4 months the younger is a bit too small yet.

He tells everyone that Gamma and Gandad don't have a house they live in HIS van :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back