Still waiting for our new van (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Blimey! I only just started reading this thread from start to finish - well nearly!!

It's been like reading a thriller and I'm glad I didn't have to wait a month to read the last chapter ::bigsmile:

I posted just so I get a notification of impending good news.

Good luck

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We have opened the champagne.

Eventually picked up our new toy, and drove it back, and thrilled with it.

Will give a more detailed report tomorrow.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I have a glass of Ardbeg single malt.

I salute your long awaited and richly deserved purchase with this very fine drink, sir. :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Well done that man I am pleased you have a result, now you CAN ENJOY:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::wine::wine:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You sort of know the after sales is going to be shit though don't you?

Good luck:thumb:

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
As always a very honest, possibly final posting on this tread.

As mentioned previously we took the car, just in case.

We arrived and were greeted by Wayne, the accountant, who has been a calming influence throughout this whole mess. Paperwork was completed, and then introduced to Adam, who gave us a thorough 'handover', as a hands on person he was able to explain everything, and answer our silly questions, ( we had and still have many).He also reassured us that he was only at end of the phone should have any other questions.

It was a very pleasant experience and a great relief.

We were there about 5 hours, mainly sitting in the sales area, and saw a couple of ' sales team', as we were about leave one of ' sales team', said " is it all done then", after a few minutes we asked ' are you Kevin Cain' he said yes ( he's the owner') he also knew that we were posting this thread. He seemed surprised that we thought he should have introduced himself to us !, ' you could have asked me who I was' was a reply. But that I believe is his character.

Will we still get good after sales service, we genuinely belief so.

So today, we have filled up with fuel, ouch, bought a hook up lead with a household adapter, bought a whistling kettle, and also bought 2 meters of clear tube with adapters for the water fill. ( I guess we have to go back and buy a longer length .

Are we smiling, to dam right we are!!::bigsmile:

Regards and thanks for everyone's help and support .

P.s. And we had a wave from another m/h this morning, which gave us an even bigger smile.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:fatbuddha::party2::party2::wine::party2::party2: :fatbuddha:

So pleased for you hope it gives you years of Fun and pleasure.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
possibly final posting on this tread.

My first thought was I don't think so somehow, but maybe it is time to start again with a new thread with your inevitable questions / updates

Draw a line in the sand as of yesterday

Really glad it is all sorted though, maybe this will be the final post on the non delivery?? :thumb:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
As always a very honest, possibly final posting on this tread.

As mentioned previously we took the car, just in case.

We arrived and were greeted by Wayne, the accountant, who has been a calming influence throughout this whole mess. Paperwork was completed, and then introduced to Adam, who gave us a thorough 'handover', as a hands on person he was able to explain everything, and answer our silly questions, ( we had and still have many).He also reassured us that he was only at end of the phone should have any other questions.

It was a very pleasant experience and a great relief.

We were there about 5 hours, mainly sitting in the sales area, and saw a couple of ' sales team', as we were about leave one of ' sales team', said " is it all done then", after a few minutes we asked ' are you Kevin Cain' he said yes ( he's the owner') he also knew that we were posting this thread. He seemed surprised that we thought he should have introduced himself to us !, ' you could have asked me who I was' was a reply. But that I believe is his character.

Will we still get good after sales service, we genuinely belief so.

So today, we have filled up with fuel, ouch, bought a hook up lead with a household adapter, bought a whistling kettle, and also bought 2 meters of clear tube with adapters for the water fill. ( I guess we have to go back and buy a longer length .

Are we smiling, to dam right we are!!::bigsmile:

Regards and thanks for everyone's help and support .

P.s. And we had a wave from another m/h this morning, which gave us an even bigger smile.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

This sounds like postings for the today I bought thread :thumb::thumb:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know " all good things cone to those who wait " but flipping heck that was a wait and a half. Have fun and enjoy your pride and joy :winky:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
<snip>

We were there about 5 hours, mainly sitting in the sales area, and saw a couple of ' sales team', as we were about leave one of ' sales team', said " is it all done then", after a few minutes we asked ' are you Kevin Cain' he said yes ( he's the owner') he also knew that we were posting this thread. He seemed surprised that we thought he should have introduced himself to us !, [HI]' you could have asked me who I was'[/HI] was a reply. But that I believe is his character.

<snip>

What an arrogant response:thumbdown:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:party2::party2:::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile:riving2::party2::party2:

Doing a happy dance for you!!!!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
my wife and I say well done.and now a certain person knows about the posting.you might get great aftersales attn.good luck with the van.and hope to see you at one of the meets.:thumb:

Burstner owner

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since approx 2007
Camper UK

Not too far away from you are one of Burstners agents with a reputation for excellence. If and when you get your money back you could visit CamperUK in Lincoln where they have earned the respect of many of their customers through honest dealing and fairness.

Alan

I can second that. We purchased from Camper UK a couple of years ago and they were fantastic in every way. The best company we have dealt with. Brilliant ::bigsmile:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Same here as well.

Thanks to the warnings on this site we didn't even consider buying from them. It's a shame as they have some nice vehicles.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Good luck with the case.

A few tips on giving evidence

-Stay calm even if the other sides advocate is trying to wind you up

- Address all your answers to the Judge, not the person asking the question.

- Keep your answers short, don't ramble. If you can get away with a simple "yes" or "no" leave it at that. The more you ramble the easier it is to be tripped up.

- If after the other sides barrister has finished with you, your barrister or solicitor stands up to re-examine you, it means you slipped up somewhere under cross examination so listen very carefully to the questions that your guy asks you.

- if you need time to think, just ask the person questioning you to repeat the question

- Don't tut, tut and shake your head if the other sides witness is telling porkies. Just pass a note to your lawyer highlighting the lie.

That's it:thumb:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Good luck with the case.

A few tips on giving evidence

-Stay calm even if the other sides advocate is trying to wind you up

- Address all your answers to the Judge, not the person asking the question.

- Keep your answers short, don't ramble. If you can get away with a simple "yes" or "no" leave it at that. The more you ramble the easier it is to be tripped up.

- If after the other sides barrister has finished with you, your barrister or solicitor stands up to re-examine you, it means you slipped up somewhere under cross examination so listen very carefully to the questions that your guy asks you.

- if you need time to think, just ask the person questioning you to repeat the question

- Don't tut, tut and shake your head if the other sides witness is telling porkies. Just pass a note to your lawyer highlighting the lie.

That's it:thumb:

Valuable information, top man!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back