Still waiting for our new van (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
SWMBO has access to all companies accounts and history, not cheap to do, but she has found a real mine field .....,

I am not suggesting anything, but BUYER BE AWARE.

And we are pretty sweet wise.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This is great advertising for Timberland isn't it?

The message so far is to stay well clear.

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
But I really wish to say ' in the end I got great service'.

How many times can I try and prompt Timberland to change their attitude , not only to my benefit, but also the benefit of all funsters , and also Timberlands business.

Am I wasting my time and energy ??

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
But I really wish to say ' in the end I got great service'.

How many times can I try and prompt Timberland to change their attitude , not only to my benefit, but also the benefit of all funsters , and also Timberlands business.

Am I wasting my time and energy ??

I hope it ends well too.

But even if it does, based on what I have read, I don't think anyone will be rushing to them in future.

All the insolvency stuff doesn't really put me off that much, but the service you have received really does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is hard to believe that Timberland are not following this thread, having been sent a link, I guess they are either terrified or really don't care

My money is on the latter based on this posting and the truly awful apparent lack of customer care, but a bit of me hopes the former

Continued good luck and best wishes to Hotelman

In the hope that Timberland are reading, please note the 5500 views this thread has had SO FAR, even allowing for revisits, that is maybe 4000 customers you will never see

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Another week passed by .................................................................................................................................................... :Sad:

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Well, as always I only wanted to state facts and the truth, which is why I have felt unable to update..... But as you want an update.....

On chasing Timberland last week, we found out that " hopefully the van will be collected on Wednesday, and will arrive in uk this Thursday or Friday, assuming they don't miss the ferry".

I emailed Burstner and they promptly replied that Black Horse had paid the monies and the van able to be collected.

I then emailed Bustner again and again a prompt reply was " the van has been collected"

We then had a phone call from Timberland, to say" the van was in Belgium, but the driver had run out of hours, so they were not sure when it would be on the ship'

So, hopefully it's now in his country, but no other details.

A question, how much notice should we get so we can get the monies in place so we can organise the monies to pay the final balance ?, don't worry, we will only pay after a very very thorough hand over.

But still no apologies or any improvement in communication ....

We should be really excited about collecting our brand new van, and working out how to post a photo, on this forum, of us drinking Champagne in the van on our first trip, but we are both totally ' pissed off' , BUT, thankfully, we both know that once we have it on our drive we will smile like Cheshire Cats.

Let's hope we have no warranty problems !!!, that hopefully won't make another long 'thread'

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
A question, how much notice should we get so we can get the monies in place so we can organise the monies to pay the final balance ?, don't worry, we will only pay after a very very thorough hand over.

There should be no need to pay any further monies until the van is actually ready for immediate collection by you and is taxed and registered in your name.
Balance can be paid by Bank Transfer as soon as you are happy with the van but not before.

The main thing you must do is supply a valid certificate of insurance

Peter

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Good luck from me to.

But don't rely upon getting your money back from the credit card company. S75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which makes the credit card company jointly liable for breaches by the seller, only applies to contracts up to a total value of £30,000. I suspect your Burstner cost more than that!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I think you may still have to be patient for when it arrives at Timberland there should be a PDI inspection to wait for,
I have in the past looked at Timberland vans, but there is no way I would consider buying one from them after this mess. If I am right you will have waited for almost six months while they had your money, ridiculous!
Any company can have customer problems.. Like Lowthams did last year on MHF. Lowthams came forwards and explained their side of a story and immediately the situation was defused and sunlight was able to shine from their bottoms again.
Timberland obviously had no explanation for their actions and we are left to draw our own conclusions. I only hope that they have not suffered so much that they will not be able to support Hotelman until his warranty runs out.
Thank you Hotelman for the patience and fair-minded way you have reported the ordering of your van. Fingers are now tightly crossed for the conclusion of this saga.

Alan

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
what a complete and utter shambles.

I am so glad that I won't be buying a brand new continental van-

The only time I will be buying anything New is when the van is sat on the forecourt and I pay my money and drive it away.

Hope you get your van soon

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987

The only time I will be buying anything New is when the van is sat on the forecourt and I pay my money and drive it away.

That was almost our experience. The dealer had a brand new van with all the trimmings that had been in the showroom for less than a week. We asked if we could buy it with a discount. It was ours within a week with a £3500 discount off the screen price.

I'd hate to wait months for a new one.

We bought a new VW Beetle in 2008. Ordered from VW dealer with a small deposit, and waited while it was built in Mexico. 3 months later it was on the driveway and we paid the balance the day before.

Allan

Allan

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Don't open the champagne yet, but we have been told our van is now at Timberland in Chesterfield. It arrived last Friday, and they suggested a collection day of Friday 25th April. The problem will be that will they have 'clear title' of the van to enable our finance company to pay, and for us to also to pay the balance??. Friday the 25th could be an interesting day, if it happens. ( we have booked a paid for 4 nights in Seahouses on the 30th April, joining friends, will we be sleeping on their floor?)

And so much for the promise that we'll have it for Easter...

I have just read the Chausson thread, and the moral of the story is...

NEVER hand money over at the N.E.C exhibition, use it for research only.

AND when you do choose which company to buy it from, check them out. ( even a quick posting on here will let you know the good and bad places to buy from)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The problem will be that will they have 'clear title' of the van to enable our finance company to pay, and for us to also to pay the balance??. Friday the 25th could be an interesting day, if it happens.

If your Finance provider is Black Horse there should not be a problem as its horses for courses so to speak

Good luck

Peter

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
AND, I forgot to mention, I was driving back from Leeds to Scarborough this morning and was very envious of all the m/h on the road, and wondering what stories they all have to tell.

For you all reading this in your m/h this weekend, " HAPPY EASTER" and enjoy.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

All I can say is that I bought off Johns Cross without the van being on the premises or even built.

I didn't give it a second thought to be honest.

But then I do read the forum and know a decent dealer I guess:thumb:

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Waiting for chasson

AND, I forgot to mention, I was driving back from Leeds to Scarborough this morning and was very envious of all the m/h on the road, and wondering what stories they all have to tell.

For you all reading this in your m/h this weekend, " HAPPY EASTER" and enjoy.

You have our sympathy, we have just been told that delivery of our Chasson 510 has been delayed again, until end of May mid June at best.
We also let dealer take our old van last November which they have sold, so we to are motorhome less - it hurts.
regards Peter and Glynis

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You have our sympathy, we have just been told that delivery of our Chasson 510 has been delayed again, until end of May mid June at best.
We also let dealer take our old van last November which they have sold, so we to are motorhome less - it hurts.
regards Peter and Glynis

Have you checked with Chausson that it is a genuine delay and not the dealer being economical with the truth??? I hope you received the money from the sale of your old motorhome - otherwise they may be on a sticky wicket as far as ownership is concerned!

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
How the mighty slowly fall.
I have known Kevin Cain for many years but haven't spoken to him for several.
He did a conversion for me on a VW Transporter LWB when he operated out of his parents house/back yard. The finished job was excellent and his attention to detail was flawless.
This was in 1998 and he was just starting out on the rough road. I have followed his progress over the years and he was flying very high and appeared to be doing very well indeed. It saddens me to see someone who has built up a good honest business reduced to having all this trouble because of the no talk syndrome. Over the years he has lost his halo and the very strong customer base he had worked for.
I hope he sorts himself out before people power (customers) leave him never to return.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
a family member of mine was thinking of getting a van from them but after showing him this thread he has changed his mind and is now looking sum where else

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Get the champagne ready, tomorrow MAY be the day !!, but we are taking our car, just in case it doesn't .....

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Keeping my fingers, arms, eyes and legs crossed for you! I do keep falling over though....

Hope it's a :party2::party2::party2: day.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I hope it all turned out well:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun