Still trouble with our frdge/freezer! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Some time ago I was on here stating I was having trouble with my fridge/freezer, mainly the freezer not freezing. Last time I was given loads of advice and it seemed to work. One of the main things was to clean the flue and jets, this I have and it's still not freezing.

My wife has just switched on the oven and the flame is very low and then we checked the gas hob and the flames seem lower than normal.

Could the problem be the regulator?

colyboy

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Only one way to find out, they are not expensive and if it's not the regulator then you will have a spare.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Why not check the gas pressure, google diy manometer, just a plastic tube, water and ruler. This would make sure regulator delivers correct pressure even when all appliances are working. Quite often the bulkhead regulator will have a test point where pressure can be checked. I guess i had better add if unsure get the expert......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We had the same problem with the hob - low gas flame. But it was the boiler that started it all with a red light and refusing to fire up.
Changed regulator and Bingo! All working again.

Didn't notice any effect on the fridge though?

Good luck.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A lot of folk with refillable systems end up with various things getting bunged up.. As far as I can work out it seems to be caused by the lubricant in pump LPG ..
I do a regular clean of both the fridge and the cooker jets.
So far ( fingers crossed ! ) the regulator in this van has been fine, but the Miller ( fitted with one of those posh autostop units ) got badly blocked and I had to replace it ( with a proper regulator ... not a stupid autostop thing ! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back