Still smiling but what will the third thing be???

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bhs, Aug 28, 2015.

1. bhs

bhs Read Only Funster

Posted yesterday for help with 12v problem, am now limping along with 80% restored, thanks for advice.

Last night we parked in a lay-by outside friends we are visiting in Brittany and some kind anonymous person managed to take off the whole of the rear bumper/body moulding, light and all, well p@£$%d off, smashed to many pieces. Managed to cobble it back together and get lights working, guess 15 year old van (Hymer B574) parts will not be available? Insurance claim could cause all our motor policies to be affected so probably not going down that road.

Am off around town now looking for Renault with missing wing mirror (I found it amongst my bits of bodywork)

2. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Oh dear, not good

3. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Keep every bit of your bumper, even tiny ones and get it plastic welded ( or whatever it's called ) when you get home.(y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. bhs

bhs Read Only Funster

good news, sun is shining and I have left my fuel cap in the last petrol station I visited! 60 miles back, All should be ok now. (kept all bits of bodywork i could find plus a few bits of renault hope it can be welded)

• Like Like x 2
  5. houdini

houdini Funster

Now your thread title is interesting - I always disagree with a friend when she says this. Who says bad luck comes in threes - would depend on when you start and stop counting them and in what period of time.
    Just stop counting after one.....

Hope you get sorted out OK @bhs

6. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Done that one too, luckily the strong smell of diesel alerted us before we had gone 15 miles!! :doh:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Hope your luck suddenly improves,had this happen afew times since living in France,last was two weeks ago when SWIMBO was shopping in LeClerc and on return noticed the wing mirror was folded in,ours is old and doesnt do that automatically!!
    Been hit quite hard and scratched quiet bad but nothing compared to yours.Hope the rest of your trip is uneventful and enjoyable.

8. bhs

bhs Read Only Funster

Been swimming with the poodles, troubles forgotten, thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. bhs

bhs Read Only Funster

Until!! Bizzarre accident involving une chat, une chien and an extending lead put me in hospital for 2 days! sans the ends of two fingers now unable to drive we have been staying with some lovely friends in Brittany who rescued us, had a ride in a Pompiers van, being visited by young nurses every day, having a great time, not quite what we had planned though!

as a point of info have had to pay €2500 upfront to hospital plus all medication costs, prior to insurance claim being processed and French hospital admin validate my EHIC

• Like Like x 1
  10. Debs

Debs Funster

:eek: Sounds like an interesting holiday:DHope you get everything sorted though:)
    Those extending leads can be vicious .......my sister in law had a run in with her dog when another dog took a dislike .....she was wearing shorts at the time and looked like she was covered in rope burns all down her legs.....:confused:
    .......she didn't half get some funny looks though:rolleyes:

11. bhs

bhs Read Only Funster

Interesting to say the least, just heard we have had an offer on our house which is for sale, the offer is subject to being able to vacate quickly, think the gods are telling me to go home!

Oh well big trip next year then!

12. Hammie

Hammie Funster

Poor you hope things get better soon.

13. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Good luck finding one with a mirror intact.....hope it's sorted soon, but your lights are working that's the main thing![/QUOTE]