Still looking for a Powerstep lift (1 Viewer)

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I know I posted a request about this some time ago and I did get some helpful response, but I thought I would ask again as I have had no luck yet in my search and by bumping it back onto the front page (so to speak) someone new may be able to help.

My better half is disabled and, though she can stand and walk a little, she finds climbing into the MH near impossible. there is a portable lift device (PowerStep) available, but at over £2K is somewhat more than I hoped to spend.

I'm not a skinflint and I will probably have to give in and fork out the full whack, but I thought/hoped that some Funster might know of a second hand one that has become available.

Thanks everyone and aint it nice to see the first hint of spring.

Mike

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
found these dunno if any use or not...
Link Removed

Link Removed

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try contacting your local community transport charity/operator they may be able to source a s/h unit from across their network.
There was a version some years ago which was like a trolley jack with runners for a wheelchair and it didn't require fitting to the vehicle.
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Brenboo

Free Member
May 6, 2011
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr Fiat Ducatto
Exp
43 enjoyable years
Powerstep lift

I have a powerstep lift that has hardly been used as I now cannot stand unaided I now need a lift that will take a chair but this worked very well before I broke my hip for a second time so if your interested I would like £550 for it as you know the cost of these new this is a bargain if anyone knows of a secondhand way I can now get into my motorhome please let me know Regards Brenboo

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
I have a powerstep lift that has hardly been used as I now cannot stand unaided I now need a lift that will take a chair but this worked very well before I broke my hip for a second time so if your interested I would like £550 for it as you know the cost of these new this is a bargain if anyone knows of a secondhand way I can now get into my motorhome please let me know Regards Brenboo

Hi Brenboo,

I'm very interested and have sent you a PM. I'm a bit late (not too late I hope) in responding to this post. I don't know how I missed it. Sorry about your broken hip; is there nothing that can be done?

Mike

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Additionally if your other half is registered disabled you can be exempted from vat for maintenance and servicing the exception is fuel and oils vat is still payable. You may have to register the van in her name.
If you are flush you can buy a new van adapted ex-vat, In both cases a form from HMRC needs to be completed in each case. .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi there are plenty of ex ambulances and mini buses out there for sale why not message the sellers and see if they will sell you one/take one off as most will not require them as part of a build so it does not reflet on the prices the vehicles bring :winky:
terry

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
I know I posted a request about this some time ago and I did get some helpful response, but I thought I would ask again as I have had no luck yet in my search and by bumping it back onto the front page (so to speak) someone new may be able to help.

My better half is disabled and, though she can stand and walk a little, she finds climbing into the MH near impossible. there is a portable lift device (PowerStep) available, but at well over £2K is somewhat more than I hoped to spend.

I'm not a skinflint and I will probably have to give in and fork out the full whack, but I thought/hoped that some Funster might know of a second hand one that has become available.

Thanks everyone and aint it nice to see the first hint of spring.

Mike

Please excuse this bump, but I want to keep reminding my fellow Funsters just in case.

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp

My better half is disabled and, though she can stand and walk a little, she finds climbing into the MH near impossible. there is a portable lift device (PowerStep) available, but at over £2K is somewhat more than I hoped to spend.

Mike

Bump...Still hopeful.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi there are plenty of ex ambulances and mini buses out there for sale why not message the sellers and see if they will sell you one/take one off as most will not require them as part of a build so it does not reflet on the prices the vehicles bring :winky:
terry

Try the above :winky: lots on sale on ebay --it could be worth buying a ambulance removing the lift then selling the ambulance on -provided you but one at the right price you could end up getting the lift for nowt ::bigsmile:
terry

crocket55

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
BRISTOL
Funster No
MH
JUST LOOKING
Exp
I'M A NEWBIE
Hi, Are you still looking for a powerstep lift ? Unfortunately due to my failing health I can't go caravanning any more so I have one for sale...
Regards, Julie

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No idea about Crocket 55 s but see the link I posted Yesterday
terry
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Hi, Are you still looking for a powerstep lift ? Unfortunately due to my failing health I can't go caravanning any more so I have one for sale...
Regards, Julie

Hi Julie,
Yes absolutely. I will send you a PM.

Mike

boyart23

Free Member
Feb 27, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
since 2002
Just joined the band of carers and need a powerstep or the like for better half whose desperate to go motorhoming again. Any offers or tips on alterative methods of getting in/out of her 'baby' would be most welcome.

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Well a Powerstep lift is a great solution and works well for us. But, bought new, they are hellishly expensive and hard to acquire second hand. We were very lucky, as a disabled lady, who had given up caravanning, found my post on here, by Googling ‘Powerstep lift’, and we were able to acquire her's at a fair price. So you may be lucky. I do hope so.

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
somebody is going to get a bargain
Broken Link Removed

rainbow6

Free Member
Feb 11, 2015
bucks
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
starting soon
Just came across all your posts, I've been looking for a step lift for my hubby to get in and out of MH and have found company called Motorstep. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than any others. Hope this helps others with same problem

boyart23

Free Member
Feb 27, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
since 2002
Thank you Rainbow6 for tip re power steps. Sadly, because of a family member suffering a stroke, with severe restrictions on mobility, have decided, very regrettably and reluctantly, to change to a caravan! It's easier to get into than the motorhome we had. We hope to continue camping with the Funsters, if they'll have us?
Best wishes boyart23

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Just came across all your posts, I've been looking for a step lift for my hubby to get in and out of MH and have found company called Motorstep. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than any others. Hope this helps others with same problem
www.motorstep.co.uk

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly it looks very much like @rainbow6 only joined to advertise their own business. only 2 posts both giving details of the same product and no replies

Colin1325

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm newbie
Hi all newbie here motor lift is cheaper than the power lift any one had experience using these and is one better than the other as there is a price difference cheers colin

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Thanks Airwave. I'm sorted now. We were lucky that a lady in Bristol saw My post on MHF and got in touch. She had a Powerstep lift to dispose of and sold it to me for about half the price of a new one. But thanks again for responding.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back