Still looking for a Powerstep lift

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for the Disabled' started by Fireman Sam, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

I know I posted a request about this some time ago and I did get some helpful response, but I thought I would ask again as I have had no luck yet in my search and by bumping it back onto the front page (so to speak) someone new may be able to help.

My better half is disabled and, though she can stand and walk a little, she finds climbing into the MH near impossible. there is a portable lift device (PowerStep) available, but at over £2K is somewhat more than I hoped to spend.

I'm not a skinflint and I will probably have to give in and fork out the full whack, but I thought/hoped that some Funster might know of a second hand one that has become available.

Thanks everyone and aint it nice to see the first hint of spring.

Mike

2. aba

aba

3. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  4. Brenboo

Brenboo Read Only Funster

Powerstep lift

I have a powerstep lift that has hardly been used as I now cannot stand unaided I now need a lift that will take a chair but this worked very well before I broke my hip for a second time so if your interested I would like £550 for it as you know the cost of these new this is a bargain if anyone knows of a secondhand way I can now get into my motorhome please let me know Regards Brenboo

5. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Hi Brenboo,

I'm very interested and have sent you a PM. I'm a bit late (not too late I hope) in responding to this post. I don't know how I missed it. Sorry about your broken hip; is there nothing that can be done?

Mike

6. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Additionally if your other half is registered disabled you can be exempted from vat for maintenance and servicing the exception is fuel and oils vat is still payable. You may have to register the van in her name.
    If you are flush you can buy a new van adapted ex-vat, In both cases a form from HMRC needs to be completed in each case. http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...ntent&id=HMCE_CL_000184&propertyType=document

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi there are plenty of ex ambulances and mini buses out there for sale why not message the sellers and see if they will sell you one/take one off as most will not require them as part of a build so it does not reflet on the prices the vehicles bring :Wink:
    terry

8. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Please excuse this bump, but I want to keep reminding my fellow Funsters just in case.

9. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Bump...Still hopeful.

10. Terry

Terry Funster

Try the above :Wink: lots on sale on ebay --it could be worth buying a ambulance removing the lift then selling the ambulance on -provided you but one at the right price you could end up getting the lift for nowt :BigGrin:
    terry

11. crocket55

crocket55 Read Only Funster

Hi, Are you still looking for a powerstep lift ? Unfortunately due to my failing health I can't go caravanning any more so I have one for sale...
    Regards, Julie

12. Terry

Terry Funster

13. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Hi Julie,
    Yes absolutely. I will send you a PM.

Mike

14. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

15. boyart23

boyart23

Just joined the band of carers and need a powerstep or the like for better half whose desperate to go motorhoming again. Any offers or tips on alterative methods of getting in/out of her 'baby' would be most welcome.

16. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Well a Powerstep lift is a great solution and works well for us. But, bought new, they are hellishly expensive and hard to acquire second hand. We were very lucky, as a disabled lady, who had given up caravanning, found my post on here, by Googling ‘Powerstep lift’, and we were able to acquire her's at a fair price. So you may be lucky. I do hope so.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  17. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

18. rainbow6

rainbow6 Read Only Funster

Just came across all your posts, I've been looking for a step lift for my hubby to get in and out of MH and have found company called Motorstep. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than any others. Hope this helps others with same problem

19. boyart23

boyart23

Thank you Rainbow6 for tip re power steps. Sadly, because of a family member suffering a stroke, with severe restrictions on mobility, have decided, very regrettably and reluctantly, to change to a caravan! It's easier to get into than the motorhome we had. We hope to continue camping with the Funsters, if they'll have us?
    Best wishes boyart23

20. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

www.motorstep.co.uk