Still going to a Christamas market in Germany or Belgium ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just wondered.. have the recent attacks in France and the lock-down and security in Brussels put anyone off going to a Christmas market in Germany or Belgium ?

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Haven't decided which one we are going to but whichever it is no one is going to deter us.
When you number is up it's up whether it's a number nine bus coming round the corner or a crazy zealot trying to justify his religeous beliefs makes no difference. It will be time to go.
Stay indoors and just maybe the ceiling will collapse on you.
Enjoy life while you are here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Well, actually ...............................

we are thinking about going to the Alsace Christmas markets (y)

Alsace Christmas Markets CLICK HERE

We love the Alsace but have only been there in late Spring or early Autumn :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Eldest daughter went to Paris yesterday on the Eurostar as she had booked a day trip weeks ago . She says the atmosphere was somber and cafe and restaurants were much quieter than usual, full body searches in shops etc but she was glad they went . Her attitude is "they can't and won't stop us living our lives". As a parent I was very relieved when they arrived back in the UK!! But I agree.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I won't even go into London at the moment.
Daughter lives in London! I am a worrier but you have to live and life is made up of risks:)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Haven't decided which one we are going to but whichever it is no one is going to deter us.
When you number is up it's up whether it's a number nine bus coming round the corner or a crazy zealot trying to justify his religeous beliefs makes no difference. It will be time to go.
Stay indoors and just maybe the ceiling will collapse on you.
Enjoy life while you are here.
If you check the stats the number 9 bus is much more likely!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No we are not going now, not especially because of events, but we have had this chance of seventeen days in a free villa in the Algarve, we have just finished the first week, so that will do us for this year, but still planning on going in spring, as others say, no different there than uk.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
If you check the stats the number 9 bus is much more likely!
Strangely enough I used the expression "number nine bus" as it was the first bus number that came into my head. But I have just realised that is the only bus that comes through our village too. Not sure if that improves my odds or not.:whistle:

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Off to Cologne on Friday until Tuesday. If the weather turns bad we will look for somewhere within a few hours of Cologne where it is drier. Bruges of perhaps somewhere in France.

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
I have a crossing booked for next month and am going, odds of survival...in july I was booked in for a stress M R I scan.
had a minor heart attack in march. a follow up. ten mins in. alarm bells. into theatre.. they reckon I had less than an hour. open heart. major rebuild. new valve. three bypass. one stent.. now back on light duties.. ODDS. could have been a number 9 bus. surgeon said JUST DO IT
so I will

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Look at it this way,you have Brit/English number plates on the unit,so they can easily identify you wherever you go,couple this with the indiscriminate drive by shootings at various cafes.......... Are you really going to be as safe as you were ever again ? Life goes on.
As said in previous posts try to avoid the obvious hot spots and Bon Voyage !

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
In just under two weeks we're off to Lille and Ypres.
There's beer, wine, chocolate and pressies to be bought, so we sure as beans are not going change our plans to please a bunch of deluded knuckle dragging halfwits

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're off to bruges on Sunday for a few days.. gonna stop at camping memling.
Have no concerns at all. We intend to enjoy the local hospitality and not give in to terrorism.
Were just as at risk going shopping in the UK as we are in belgium in my opinion.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
we're also going to Brugge, on the 10/12/2015, might make a trip to Ypres and have a look at their market.
The cowards won't put me off. I'd probably feel safer over there than here anyway

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Great to see the Dunkirk spirit is alive and kicking..

not going ourselves, but if we had planned we wouldn't be cancelling.. but would certainly heed any travel advice before departing.

have a great trip.. and safe return :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I've " accidentally" let my passport go out of date. Ralph wanted to go to Brugge before Xmas . Now there's no time to renew it. That's all we'd planned before our tour to Italy in September next year. Hopefully , one way or another things might be more stable by then. Or I'm not even going there!
I'm quite happy being a chicken. I'm so glad I've finished all my Xmas shopping too. So I don't have to go into any big cities or shopping centres. I know I'm more likely to get run over by a bus , but I feel safer in my own little bubble. Fingers in my ears going lalalalalalalala.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Only 3 weeks to go to our 3 weeks holiday somewhere in Europe but not decided where yet. The biggest factor will be the weather!

Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back