Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have bought a new Sterling 20 amp B to B charger which as come pre wired and with very simple fitting instructions, there is no reference to doing anything with the original charging relay. There is also wiring for ignition switch if required, and what does the term engine breaking mean.
Our Van is a Euro 5 2.2 Peugeot Auto Sleeper 2014.

Any help appreciated as there is no probs with fitting to starter Battery and hab battery.

John.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Engine braking is using your gears to hold the vehicle back while descending a hill, rather than relying on your brakes. With an auto you would manually have to select a lower gear. The B2B simply gives extra boost to the charging of the leisure battery. The existing split charge relay can remain in place.
John

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Engine braking is using your gears to hold the vehicle back while descending a hill, rather than relying on your brakes. With an auto you would manually have to select a lower gear. The B2B simply gives extra boost to the charging of the leisure battery. The existing split charge relay can remain in place.
John

As Eddie says Regenerative engine braking is what I meant.

John.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Christmas pissed now lol don't worry your vehicle doesn't have that feature so it isn't a problem

Regenerative braking is where everything powered by the engine, is turned off when the engine isn't under load so no use for split chatging systems

I'll be more coherent in January lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Christmas pissed now lol don't worry your vehicle doesn't have that feature so it isn't a problem

Regenerative braking is where everything powered by the engine, is turned off when the engine isn't under load so no use for split chatging systems

Bloody brilliant Eddie have a great Christmas and New Year.

John.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.

Regenerative Braking is when, the normally lost energy from the vehicle braking system under load is recovered for use. This is normally in the form of heat extraction.
If this charging system can do that it is very advanced.
My money is on that it can't!

:cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back