Step Not Working Automatically (1 Viewer)

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, just wondering if anyones got any ideas as to why my entrance step has ceased to retract when starting engine? I can make it work by operating switch near entrance.

Rob

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Rob, probably crud on part of the switching system -strip down the step and clean all the muck off and reasemble.:thumb:I know you say it still works on the other switch but they are renowned for getting mucked up
terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Two possibilites Rob, blown fuse on the engine running signal or a manky "step open" switch, this is the simple pin switch mounted on the step itself. They get grotty 'cos they're relatively unprotected and then the earth path is missing for the auto retract.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Just check the limit switch on the step for a start.:thumb:

If not, a skilled man such as yourself should be able to suss the Elddis wiring diagram supplied with the van!:Smile:

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just check the limit switch on the step for a start.:thumb:

If not, a skilled man such as yourself should be able to suss the Elddis wiring diagram supplied with the van!:Smile:

I could :RollEyes: but erring on the lazy side and also not having a wiring diagram - thought I'd ask you knowlegable lot - have found in the past using this invaluable forum can speed up in fault finding the problem.

Rob

Feb 2, 2011
Travelling Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
3 years caravaning 5th year motorhoming
I could :RollEyes: but erring on the lazy side and also not having a wiring diagram - thought I'd ask you knowlegable lot - have found in the past using this invaluable forum can speed up in fault finding the problem.

Rob

Hi Rob if its none of the above have you got a sargeant unit in the van? if so there is a fuse on the electronics board which can be replaced, I had to do mine, it messed about then totally failed after a while, if yours is in warrantee then obviously get it done via your dealer. if not call sergeants for a quote as you can ruin the board by over heating.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Reading this with interest mine has gone back to the dealers for this problem and while i was showing them it worked and once home it stopped working:RollEyes:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I had the same fault, eventually fault was traced to the switch on the step itself, it just pulls out spray up with wd40 ect and actuate a few dozen times then push back in, well thats what Jon (jonandshell) did I was just watching drinking beer, well you dont get a dog and bark yourself:roflmto:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
this was discussed in this thread Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.