Steam Rally

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by kickstart, Jul 17, 2013.

1. kickstart

kickstart Funster

Anybody else going to the Masham Steam & Fairground Organ Rally this weekend ?:Laughing:

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

No.. But looking forward to the Welland steam fair near Malvern is just over a week's time. :thumb::thumb:

3. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I might get there on Sunday birthday party Saturday so can not get away

4. 54mud

54mud

No, but we are off to Welland next week.:drink:

5. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Been out of touch for a week or so and have just read your post.
    I was at Masham with an engine and the Gavioli Organ at the end of the beer tent. I was operating a McLaren 6" scale called Gantic (the original it is scaled from is called Gigantic :Smile:), and Burrell Showmans Engine "His Lordship" was providing the power for the organ. They are part of Graham Atkinsons Scarborough Fair Collection from The Flower of May Holiday Park at Lebberston Cliff near Filey. Well worth a look if you are over that way.

6. kickstart

kickstart Funster

Yes we saw your motohomefun sticker, and His Lordship and the Organ,fantastic,thought you did a great job thanks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  7. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

You should have made yourself known. I would have made you a brew.
    Well, I did have plenty of hot water :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. steevie

steevie Funster

I have only just seen this since I came back. I looked round your superb exhibit aswell. I was there with my little Austin van, and I thought this was the best Masham gathering yet, and Sat night in the town gathering was brilliant. Need a weekend at home now, so Pickering will be next for me, then Driffield, then my main holiday at Dorset for the whole week....nothing compares to Dorset steam heaven, even tho I have to charge my scooter batteries every night.

9. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

We will be setting up at Pickering starting this weekend with an Organ (hopefully the Oktoberfest) and stage show. There should also be at least three Showmans engines and the McLaren half size engine as well, so come and talk to me. I am the one with a beard.

We will be at Driffield and Lincoln with at least one engine and, of course, Dorset with as much as we can carry :BigGrin:

10. steevie

steevie Funster

will do. I am the one with crazy whiskers, and chrome dome on top, and looks like a geriatric hells angel. Much to the annoyance of the organisers and their fire regs, we do a wagon train type ring with the motorhomes, fenced off for the dogs to run in the middle, and for communal drunkeness, Oh, and so we can fight off circling indians wanting scalps.:Rofl1: