Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
I use all the aires book and google earth around the areas so we dont miss anything good nearby. That app ∆∆∆ sounds good i will try it next time .
Get a truck sat nav too so you can put mh dimensions in to avoid low bridges and narrow streets etc.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
As you are new to it we probably need to let you know that grey waste is from sinks and showers in your holding tank, and black waste is sewage in you toilet cassette .
Enjoy the Aires and don't worry you'll be fine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You may like to take a look at the Campercontact website which you can use for planning and then decide if you'd like to purchase the app, which i would recomend.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
had a quick look at campercontact and it looks the biz. will get that on my phone later.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Camper Contact do a book as well as the app which covers all of Europe. Cheaper to buy direct from them than from Vicarious Books but make sure you order the English version.

Joe

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
It should really be called "Just under half of the aires France" shouldn't it? (y)

If you really insist on having a book then "Le Guide Official Aires de Services Camping-Car" is far more of a comprehensive list although I don't think even that one is complete.

Personally I just use Camper Contact now.
Yes it seems to have more in it, especially the further south you go.

Wyn

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Coincidence (y) we are going 6 sept coming back 6 October, nothing planned other than the tunnel:)
Which ferry are you on Chaser? We are Dover Calais 0230 on 7 th,,BUSBY. Sorry just seen your later post,,,,,

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Which ferry are you on Chaser? We are Dover Calais 0230 on 7 th,,BUSBY. Sorry just seen your later post,,,,,
Hopefully we shall be tucked up in bed at gravelines while you are riding the waves(y):)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We are traveling down in the morning and catching the 15, 30 approx stay at gravelines at night , might even stay there a couple of days, then hopefully to the east of Paris and straight down towards Spain , we shall be coming back up by twin lakes as we have friends in that area and always get that way.

Will I have the great pleasure to see you on your way to or back ? You know door /garden are open... and free! Oh and my "visitors" have gone!!!

@Paulfy4 Don't mistake with "Aire de covoiturage" or "Aire de grand passage" : first one is devoted to people sharing a car. They all come to that aire , then only one takes his/her car, the other ones leave theirs , that way they share the cost of their trip. Police cars come around to check no one tries to steal the cars while their owners are away.
The second one is devoted to GYPSIES!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Will I have the great pleasure to see you on your way to or back ? You know door /garden are open... and free! Oh and my "visitors" have gone!!!

@Paulfy4 Don't mistake with "Aire de covoiturage" or "Aire de grand passage" : first one is devoted to people sharing a car. They all come to that aire , then only one takes his/her car, the other ones leave theirs , that way they share the cost of their trip. Police cars come around to check no one tries to steal the cars while their owners are away.
The second one is devoted to GYPSIES!
Certainly will if we come that way, it's all up in the air at the moment, really enjoyed our last visit to your house and our tour in your car, hope you are well, and happy now your guests have gone.(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back