Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have the government got it wrong removing the tax breaks on static holiday homes? Personally I don't like them on holiday sites. On sites in wales they are often empty, taking up space that tourers could use, and a lot of them have gnomes... :Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 74
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 66
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 69
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Aesthetics or not what next for the posh boys? At the same time as the vat announcement they are also going to agree to the destruction of buzzards nests,because they are killing too many pheasants,probably better than the witless tw**s who shoot them!:Angry:
I note little action being taken against gamekeeper who poison and shoot other raptors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Equality Act

Have the government got it wrong removing the tax breaks on static holiday homes? Personally I don't like them on holiday sites. On sites in wales they are often empty, taking up space that tourers could use, and a lot of them have gnomes... :Eeek:

Need I remind you brother JIM that there is an Equality Act in force.. you cannot treat gnomes like this... you are making them second class to concrete hedgehogs and tiny concrete wells... I think you need to apologies for this slur on the gnomes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

I think some of them I have seen could be occupied by Gnomes Jim. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

After reading the HMRC document Broken Link Removed it seems to me that they are targeting the site owners who abuse the system when holiday homes are described as residential, and when the planning approval they have is only for holiday pitches. This often comes about when the park is open for 12 months but may have no planning approval for full time residential occupancy.

In this situation the prospective owners may not appreciate the lack of protection the holiday sites offer as they have no protection under the Mobile Homes Act 1983 that protects full Residential Park Homes owners.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back