Starting Problem!!!!

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by pij974, Aug 30, 2010.

1. pij974

pij974 Funster

Very occasionally you will turn the key in the ignition and get the relevant lights up on the dash, turn the key a bit further to start the engine and it will go completely dead, no display on the dash, no clock - nothing. I have to lift the bonnet and give the red lead a wiggle (the red lead that has a 90 degree plastic cover at the front of the posotive connections) this will then make a click noise and the clock and the trip will be reset. About 3 months ago I thought I would take the posotive connection off and have a closer look to see if there was any loose connections. There was nothing that looked obvious so I put it back together and thought I had cracked it as it has been ok until this weekend, and has now started playing up again. Any ideas?

2. acting_strange

acting_strange

Check your earth connections.....thats a typical earth fault

Check engine to chassis and earth from battery.... take them off, clean them and where they bolt/screw on and put them back together

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

then stick a big dollop of vasaline on the connections

4. acting_strange

acting_strange

Aaahhhhh vaseline....a great addition to your supply of personal sex aids...

Smeared on the bedroom door handle it stops the kids from coming in and spoiling the fun:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: