Started selling stuff off (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi put five items on Ebay yesterday, so far only ones attracted any interest, and that's a 20-30 year old, heavily abused, ride on lawn mower, and its a non runner! 14 watchers and 3 bids, £20.11, just wondering what it would be worth running with a paint job. :Smile:

Ian

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
ride on mower 3 bids, £20.11, just wondering what it would be worth running with a paint job. :Smile:
Ian

Hi Ian... if you bring it to Quinta Majay, Portugal... get it going and cut all the newly cleared ground to demonstrate it's capabilities I would go to £50 (and you would get a pie and a pint for your work.) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

PS. you don't need to bother with the paint job...

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Hi Ian... if you bring it to Quinta Majay, Portugal... get it going and cut all the newly cleared ground to demonstrate it's capabilities I would go to £50 (and you would get a pie and a pint for your work.) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

PS. you don't need to bother with the paint job...

Still obsessing about ride on mowers? Such a dreamer JJ :ROFLMAO: You missed ours and now it has a new home in Poland. Probably would have preferred Portugal! Jane :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
17 watchers now! its becoming an internet sensation :roflmto: did I mention that it was once possibly owned by Graham Hill?

Sorry JJ fray bentos pies are not on my must eat before I die list.

Ian

A

Addie

Deleted User
I often find its often the most obscure and insignificant items that go for a lot of money.

Such as a Dyson hoover attachment I found went for £17 and a Alloy Wheel Centre cap off an 1984 Cavalier SRI for £20!

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Nice Mower Olley,someone will buy it.had a look at all your items,may have a bid on the kitchen bits,if i can get Shirl to pick them up,next time she is down your way. By the way if you have not had a look at Olley Mower it is
item number 330524419960 on eBay

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You got them listed wrong >> FREE DELIVERY

Postage:FREE - Express DeliverySee more services See postal discounts | See all delivery detailsItem location: ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Post to: United Kingdom
Delivery:Estimated within 2 working days
iconBubbleHelp.gif

You need to tart the descriptions up, make them desirable, take the wood dust off, change the fonts, try looking at some of my listings for an example, seller johnscross in search.

Take off the bad bits, just say they need a clean !

Hairdresser mobile stations with mirrors

Kitchen knobs catches hinges handles etc

Window Frames wooden Boulton and Paul

Architects white drawing board on stand

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Postage:FREE - Express DeliverySee more services See postal discounts | See all delivery detailsItem location: ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
iconBubbleHelp.gif

You need to tart the descriptions up, make them desirable, take the wood dust off, change the fonts, try looking at some of my listings for an example, seller johnscross in search.

Sound advice. :thumb:

After all Peter could :winky: Sell Ice to an Eskimo.::bigsmile: If given enough slack on advertising. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think Peter may be right a few minutes cleaning that lawnmower may have got a lot more bids but then again someone can see you made no effort to hide anything so must be honest:Doh:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Talk about gathering dust :ROFLMAO:

Seriously Graham bought a sit on mower similar to yours, put new spark plugs in and sold it again for £275

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

iconBubbleHelp.gif

Thanks John changed all the headings as you suggested. When I listed them it insisted that I put postage in, which is why they all have a note on the description saying collection only.

Ian

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you want to sell something on Ebay, you must get the listing title correct, that is what is going to get your listing FOUND.

For example a 'petrol stove' will not get noticed or picked up but 'Coleman Dual Fuel Camping stove 533' will.

A buyer can then search, Dual fuel stove, campiing stove, Coleman 533, all will get noticed by the search engine.

You must then list all the good things about your item, using Aerial font, size 14 and paragraph it out so its looks professional, not the small crappy font that appears first, use HTML and copy/paste extra pictures into the main body, dont cost anything that way.

Yes I know I have Coleman stoves on ebay but you lot won't be interested, but it gives an example of how to get things noticed and bought.

Buy It Now items get preceded by Auction Items and Buy It Now listings from Top Rated sellers

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks John changed all the headings as you suggested. When I listed them it insisted that I put postage in, which is why they all have a note on the description saying collection only.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Collection only narrows down the geographical audience unfortunately, a lot of people will not travel and collect unless its a car and its cheap!

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back