Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The island is connected by a bridge. Quite spectacular to go across. It makes access easy.

Krk town is worth a walk around but I can't recommend any particular site as we visited on our way to Baška.
Sorry to badger you, if you're away. One thing I don't know about, is with it being June is it best to book sites in advance or just turn up.

Was Baska worth visiting?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry to badger you, if you're away. One thing I don't know about, is with it being June is it best to book sites in advance or just turn up.

Was Baska worth visiting?
We liked it. If you like strolling along the seafront and a quiet life it's good. If you want noisy nightlife you won't find much of it away from the largest towns.

We visited in May. The weather was great and the sites very quiet. Obviously we can't really comment on June but I would be willing to take the chance.

I have tried to locate some places we visited on Google Earth but the smaller towns in Croatia haven't got everything on street view yet. There are quite a lot of photos available there, including the bridge to Krk island.

We will be leaving here tomorrow and will not have reliable e-mail for a few days. I am sure the resources on the Forum will provide you with more info.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Click the "thumbs up" symbol you should be able to see at the bottom of any published posts. However, you may not be able to see it until you have subscribed.
There are other buttons: first prize, scaring children, I'm broken down, I know a lot, single looking for company, been there and done that.
Or something like that. :)
Which one's " I'm single and looking for company"? Please. :love:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We liked it. If you like strolling along the seafront and a quiet life it's good. If you want noisy nightlife you won't find much of it away from the largest towns.

We visited in May. The weather was great and the sites very quiet. Obviously we can't really comment on June but I would be willing to take the chance.

I have tried to locate some places we visited on Google Earth but the smaller towns in Croatia haven't got everything on street view yet. There are quite a lot of photos available there, including the bridge to Krk island.

We will be leaving here tomorrow and will not have reliable e-mail for a few days. I am sure the resources on the Forum will provide you with more info.
Many thanks.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we went down belgium luxembourg germany austria italy slovenia croatia
stopped on motorway in luxembourg and an aire close to the boden see ,campsite in austria aire at lake gardathen camp site in slovenia

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@Makingtrax aren't you glad you spent £15 today, so much info and experience on here.... excellent info funsters, well done..... Croatia is on my to do list.....(y)

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
This the thread I did on our trip last year.
Have read your posts and really enjoyed them. You're obviously seasoned travellers. We were thinking of booking our campsites next week and planning our routes. Whilst you seem to have the confidence to just go and wander around. Amazing to have that freedom.

How did you know about all these festivals etc in towns or did you just come across them?

Did you take kuna with you or can you use a card to get them out?

Our van isn't geared for wild camping, no solar panels, gas flow, spare battery, spare water tank etc Did you get those things on your first van or build up slowly?

Sorry for so many questions :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back