Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Looks like the destination the banner at the top of the front page goes to has changed, nice changes Chris and Duncan, well done :Smile:

stew

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
yes it is a good ad duncan!

Also Stateside Tuning banner ad in exactly the same spot has changed too::bigsmile:

Nice choices guys........

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
And he's sponsoring the Facts photo competition run by Artona,
Subtle as a sledge hammer:RollEyes:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
StarspangledSpanner was tooooo slow to load, I will have to look when I have a couple of hours to spare!!! Maybe when all the kids are in bed tomorrow!!!!!
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Hi Nigel

How are you connecting to the internet

stew

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its the flash (product is called flash) movie on the home page, these are used by web designers to impress clients. And they do because they look great. But they take forever to load as they are very large files. Once the site is in the website owners browser cache the site loads quickly as I think the movie is cached and does not have to be downloaded. The owner can be forgiven for thinking that his site is super swish. The site owner should clear the browser cache and log in with a slowish connection and then he will experience the site like a new visitor.

Think of every famous successful site that you know. BBC.co.uk, Amazon.com Motorhomefun.co.uk. youtube etc, how many have a flash movie intro? None. They steal a customers bandwith and many will not wait for the movie to load, they will be hitting the back button before it does.

Duncan, its a nice little website but my advice would be to ditch the movie. This is just my humble opinion of course; and hey what do I know? I ve only been in the business for 8 months :Eeek::Smile:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Great site Duncan, well done.

Not really sure in the great atmosphere we have here why a link to the Facts Forum is a problem Geo?

Regards

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Hi

You make a good point Jim. I was talking to a web designer friend of mine the other day and he was saying exactly the same thing about flash - that people are starting to move away from them.

In my profession flash sites have been all the craze - looks fantastic but as a full timer and on mobile connection I have steered away from them.

I normally press the link to at the top of the page to pass the introduction.

I have been trying the new vodaphone mobile system recently and it works really well, opened Duncan's site quickly even first time. I get 1.5 mbps even in a very poor location. I wondered whether Nigel was using gprs

stew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back