Free Member
May 22, 2013
Kirkcaldy Fife
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can anyone please tell me if there is a roof rack kit for the Starfire. I am intending to buy one in the near future and one of the main requirements will be to carry kayaks on the roof. I am interested to know how the roof is made and how strong it is regarding load bearing, also can the roof be screwed into for attaching brackets, etc. I have heard that some people can walk about on the roof of their motorhome and use them for sitting on when watching racing events.

Oldroadies

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Channel Islands
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autocruise
Exp
6 + 20 caravaning
Hello
I would ask an expert before loading up you roof, I know some vans are designed to take extra weight and people walking on them but I thought that 50Kg was the maximum load spread out over the roof, if you intend to have a satellite dish, solar panel etc. you need to know what a roof rack (if it can be fitted) weighs plus the kayaks. When we had our solar panel installed the man did go up on the roof, but I noticed that he spread his weight out.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Fiamma make a Kayak Carry Rack but you will need the cross bars which clip to the side of the roof.

As to fitting on a Startrail please call Darren on 01-580-883062 or Glenn and have a chat to them.
Fiamma Carry Kayak

Fiamma Carry Kayak, ideal to carry canoes, kayaks and surfboards on your the top of your motorhome. The kit comes with 2 brackets. Compact but easy to load thanks to its inclined figure. Made of folding anodized aluminium tubes, standard delivered with soft coverings and with fixing strap. Ideal to be easily fixed on Fiamma Roof Rail with Fixing-Bar rails, suitable for some models of other luggage-carriers on cars as well.
Dimensions: 35.5 x 45.5-10 x 42.5-46 cm
Fiamma Carry Kayay does not come with Kayak or cross bars.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/fiamma-carry-kayak.html

Not cheap though even with Funsters discount because you need two plus the rails kit

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Fiamma Carry Kayak.jpg
    Fiamma Carry Kayak.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 13

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries