Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I was looking underneath our Mercedes Sprinter based van recently and noticed that the tailpipe had rotted through, looked up on the net and soon gathered that due to the fact is was a left hooker the tailpipe was completely different from anything available here. With MOT time looming I went to the local Mercedes Benz commercial garage where the parts guy looked it up on his system and said that it would have to put on special order which if it was the wrong part would not be refunded, price £78. Not being too happy about this I went to a local place that does exhausts, the guy could not help enough stating that it could be fabricated from stainless steel and would take about an hour and a half to do, booked it in for first thing in the morning so that it didn't clog up the workshop too much ( 7 mtr motorhome). When the work was done( it took two hours in the end) I was amazed at what a good job they had done and thought at £120 it was better than having a mild steel genuine replacement. The name of the place is Bells Tyres Swindon http://www.bell-silencer.co.uk/ The usual bit about not being connected to the business other than as a satisfied customer apply

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It will probably last a life time.

We put a stainless "custom made at the garage" exhaust on the Sandra's 1996 VW golf when the original broke just after the warranty ended and it was still there when we sold it a couple of years ago.

I bet it is still fitted, it still looked like new. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back