Stained toilet bowl (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
We have a Apache 700 2012 model. toilet bowl was stained about 18 months ago and was replaced by dealer. We were advised to use thetford or elsan toilet bowl cleaner and have done religiously ever since and the bowl has gone yellow again. As we are nearing the end of our guarantee I don't think they will replace it again. Anyone any suggestions.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thought you were talking about skid marks.....how disappointing.

On a serious note, You wont know unless you talk to your dealer......but it could be the type of plastic, not any cleaners or chemicals you use.

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Some plastic just seems to yellow with age, but should last longer than that, but you do need to be careful what you clean with and not to use anything abrasive as it takes the outer layer off the plastic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I assume it's a Thetford I have had Caravans and Motorhomes for over 25 years never had that problem myself but have seen the problem with other plastic bits.

Could be due due to the effects of UV (sunlight) has the lid been left up & is the bowel under a rooflight or next to a window where the blinds have been left open?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Try filling it with water. Drop in a couple of the baby bottle sterilising tablets ( either Milton brand or supermarket own--I used Asda's) leave for few hours/ overnight, empty and rinse. I found that worked with no scrubbing and couldn't see that it affected the seal in any way.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Anyone tried a replacement bowl, the swivel type? I have the same issue and was thinking of a replacement as well as replacing the cassette too. I know I can but a "refresh pack" which comprises of the cassette and toilet seat but I think if Ireplaced the bowl it would be a whole new toilet apart from the housing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back