Stafford or staffordshire storage if any? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Guys. Sorry if this has been asked before but ..can anyone suggest a storage facility around the Staffordshire borders at all please?
We are currently searching the market for a motorhome and promised ourselves to have it sorted by March this year.
Really appreciate any advice at all.
Kindest regards Kev and Carolyn

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Cannock ? There is a place at the top of Pye green rd just before you get to the Tower.

I will have a think on any more....May be worth a search on Google and also try going on Google maps, zoom in by stafford and type in caravan storage....

Broken Link Removed

May 8, 2008
Stafford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2000
We store ours at Longpools caravan storage gold cassoa electric gate CCTV 01952 550378 it's 5 miles the other side of Newport pay yearly or monthly We live in Gnosall

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On the link above it shows one at Acton gate Jn 13..
So you have a few options...

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Make sure you check with your insurance company that they are happy before you commit to a storage site. It can make quite a difference.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When we were looking for somewhere to keep ours the premium to keep it at one particular storage site was considerably more than to keep it parked on the road outside our house :Eeek: This was a proper site - cameras, coded entry etc.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I guess there have been problems at that site that have resulted in a load of claims. The place where it lives now was a lot less.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Between Eccleshall and Stone at Yarnfield.

Broken Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sod the storage... What van you having,,,,, We like to be nosey,,, (y)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Quite fancied undercover for the winter months but the only one I could find in the same area as OP wanted £20pw.

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Tonka. Looking at the Gleneagles on a 2008/2010 plated. Also the Wentworth , again similar plated( age)
Trouble is....the good lady! :ROFLMAO: She cannot make her mind up bless her!
I did say we should have a V Dub! ;)

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hello Encantador.

We have just been quoted £220 per annum . Did not think that too bad?

Kev:whistle2:

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
To be honest I would not know sorry?:unsure: We have been searching for somewhere before we purchase. We have been invited over to two in the area next week to take a look. Both are hard standing and Cassoa Registered . One is Gold , the other Silver. I had in my own mind, decided on a Protec cover any way, so it does not matter to us.
Hope that helps somewhat?;)
kev

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Some one with more experience will advise, but it was my understanding that Motorhome covers work well in keeping dust and dirt off in a building. However when stored outdoors in the elements the constant movement of the cover caused by the wind and the rain, rubs and marks the paintwork, they can do more harm than good.

May be worth checking before spending your money

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Caravan storage at Weston, not sure if they still store at Moss Pitt, seen caravans stored at farms around Little Haywood down Meadow Lane, also at top of Coley Lane.

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi trekkin. Thanks for that. I assumed that the covers would be the right way forward ?
Never give it a thought regarding wind rub etc
May need to do some more research I think :think:

Regards Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Can we ask if any one has used or is using either Long pools Of Hinstock or North Shropshire Storage of Stoke Heath at all?
Both are Cassoa registered one being Silver the other Gold. I would assume the gold service is the one to go for as prices seem comparable and very reasonable ? Just wondered if the 'Award system' actually makes a difference ?

Kev and Carolyn:Eeek:

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Caravan storage at Weston, not sure if they still store at Moss Pitt, seen caravans stored at farms around Little Haywood down Meadow Lane, also at top of Coley Lane.

What would you know, you are never here..........:LOL: (not jealous really)

Steve G

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Covers...
Could never see the point myself.. It's a motorhome, meant to be on the road and used. If it's sat on a driveway then it's no more being harmed than out on the road. They dont cover them up after making them or when in storage at dealers...
I know for a fact that at selling times saying "it's been kept under a cover" wont get a penny extra in part ex...
BUT each to their own, do a bit of research..

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Where about in staffs are you ? We used Pye Green for 12 months, its £230 for 6 months or £420 for 12 months if my memory serves me correct - its very secure there, fenced all around with a ditch (like a moat) dug out in front of the fence, electric gates then a barrier thats locked in front of them, CCTV and its off the main road so not visible and the owners live at the front of the business so very secure, it could do with a tidy up in my opinion but apart from that its good, there is also another place a few hundred yards down the road from Pye Green but it has no fencing around it just a locked gate and he charges £30 month

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Tonka. We have every intentions of using it the bulk of the time. Its just that I personally have to use Hospital for occasional treatment so it would be ideal to put it safe somewhere. This can be for up to 3/4 weeks at any one time at the moment. :(
Just that we do not have the space at home just yet , so a storage site would work well for us.
(y) kev

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Daft question,

Have you asked red lion farm in haughton, they may let you leave it there for extended periods, either hooked up or just standing, or may even be able to store for you.

Great site and really friendly people.

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Toxic clown. ( Spooky picture comes to mind with your user name! :devil: ) lol.

I have been to Pye Green and was a little unsure at the time as the gates were open when we went, and no one approached us for 10 mins ! I know its not a lot of time but, plenty to have walked in a took something or to have 'Borrowed ' something long term!
Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back