Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
Phone cameras have their place :) Photos of accident damage on the scene, the odd quick pic to upload to whatever social media you use etc.
I must confess that I didn't know my Samsung phone could do HDR ... I mostly use it for a never ending series of cute cat shots in the living room *blush*

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have a friend who takes thousands of photos and is proud of how many images he has on his hard disc.

He upgrades his camera every couple of years of if he reads a positive review in a magazine. It has cost him thousands .

Recently, while out together, he told me his latest acquisition was "crap" and he was going to take it back as everything was "far too blue".

I adjusted the white balance and all was well. When I asked him if had read the user manual he said he didn't need to as he had owned lots of cameras.

Doh!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When I asked him if had read the user manual he said he didn't need to as he had owned lots of cameras.

As do 90% of people who buy half decent cameras. They also never take it off of fully auto mode.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
A friend (Nikon rep) just had a customer coming in to buy a new lens (macro lens) cos the one he is using is rubbish. Only parts of the products he's shooting are sharp, and the rest is out of focus. This is a big problem because he's a professional photographer, who spends all day shooting products for catalogues, and only part of the product is clear.
He shoots only at f1.8, because that is the best aperture setting to use because its the fastest, and that f1.8 lens cost him a fortune, so it should be better than the results he's getting. But, having a f1.8 macro lens he truly believes will make all his problems go away.

He didn't like the suggestion that he try shooting at a smaller aperture instead of buying a new lens - he's a 'professional' who knows everything ;) Wish there was some way of finding out if he actually tried the suggestion to change his settings, or if he just went and bought the lens he thought would solve his problem online.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back