St Just RFC Cornwall From £5 Per Night (2 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have been looking for some reasonably priced campsites in Devon & Cornwall to encourage a few more Funsters to venture down this way :hi: Rugby clubs often offer good value summer camping & this one at St Just https://www.facebook.com/stjustrfccamping.co.uk/ looks great :) Prices are £5 per adult per night so excellent value especially for solos. There are 14 EHU pitches but a bit expensive at £5 per pitch extra per night or £30 for 7 nights. So a couple would be £15 per night with EHU or £10 without for short stays. For 14 night stays the EHU cost drops to £50 reducing it to just £3.58 per night. It is fully open from Easter to the first weekend in September with limited camping (small grassed area next to car park) during the rest of September as rugby season will have started. It can get busy especially at weekends & during school holidays - May is the quietest period so considering this for a meet along with some other campsites in Cornwall next year.
There are toilets & showers (curtained cubicles) available 24 hours, the clubhouse is open every night (bar, pool table & darts) plus free WiFi. There is a large BBQ which campers are welcome to use & access to a kitchen if a group wants to use it. There are a couple living on the campsite plus the clubhouse staff & members so plenty of local knowledge & help available if needed.

10473200_318267941669067_8901321392926641944_n.jpg

13716219_631117780384080_1738891076887711874_n.jpg

14102308_648378808657977_638535047585971700_n.jpg

We haven't visited yet but understand that it's just a short walk into the town of St Just which has a good bus service to Penzance, St Ives & the local area. The town also has a couple of small supermarkets, a Post Office, tea rooms, cafes, takeaways, pubs & a Tourist Information Centre.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone does book please mention that you saw the RFC campsite here as hopefully that will help us to negotiate the best terms for Funsters if we do organise a meet there next May/June. Also any feedback & photos from your visit would be great :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for sharing, we may well use it in the next few months. (y)

I am also going to send on the link to our local rugby club as they may wish to do something similar. :)
Hope you do & please let us know how you get on.
Lots of rugby clubs do offer camping in the summer but mostly only for organised rally groups with their own licenses so think that just having to call or Facebook message to arrange a booking like with this one is a great idea & groups can still book too.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
@Wombles the rugby club is indeed a short walk into the town.

We didn't stay there last year but walked around St Just and came across the rugby club.

A great base, lots of interesting walks and some interesting abandoned buildings on the cliff tops from past mining (not sure if gold, tin or copper) activities.

I would imagine anyone using the facility would have a great time, thanks for recommendation.

A couple of pictures on the headland of buildings etc to whet the appetite of anyone thinking of going:

IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1623.JPG

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thankyou very much I am thinking of coming to the west country 2nd week of July so I will keep it I'm mind

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
i am glad my idea has been taken up and researched by womble.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
i am glad my idea has been taken up and researched by womble.
I have been working through a long list of permanent & temporary seasonal campsites including this & many other rugby & football clubs in Devon & Cornwall so good to have a Funster recommend it too (y)
Always now consider such clubs for camping after our positive experience at Cotham Park RFC for the Bristol Balloon Festival a couple of years ago.

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
I have been working through a long list of permanent & temporary seasonal campsites including this & many other rugby & football clubs in Devon & Cornwall so good to have a Funster recommend it too (y)
Always now consider such clubs for camping after our positive experience at Cotham Park RFC for the Bristol Balloon Festival a couple of years ago.
@Wombles. would be goid if you could add that its the same site pip is inviting people to during may and june this year, as i have had a couple of messages from confused people, thanks womblies

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This thread is just to highlight St Just RFC as a possible place to stay in Cornwall with the idea that it might be one of the locations for a series of meets early next year.
From Far South West Group Discussions understand that Pip @pondfairy will be at St Just RFC from 12th May until 26th June this year & she would like Funsters to come along then.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Things are shaping up for May 2018 Cornwall Meets Tour next year - locations that are looking promising so far are Bude (£10 per unit per night), St Ives (Gwithian), St Just (£5 per person per night) & Fowey area (y) Still a lot of emails & chats to do but looking possible :) The Meets are likely to be a few nights at each location so probably around 11 nights total in early May but hopefully Funsters will be able to pick & choose locations & have an extended stay at great rates if not doing the whole Tour with us.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Things are shaping up for May 2018 Cornwall Meets Tour next year - locations that are looking promising so far are Bude (£10 per unit per night), St Ives (Gwithian), St Just (£5 per person per night) & Fowey area (y) Still a lot of emails & chats to do but looking possible :) The Meets are likely to be a few nights at each location so probably around 11 nights total in early May but hopefully Funsters will be able to pick & choose locations & have an extended stay at great rates if not doing the whole Tour with us.
Well done(y) loving the idea of a cornish tour:)
Which site at Gwithian as theres a THS this month that I'm going to with friends.
Thanks for all the effort you've put in Karen

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Debs Have tried all the campsites in Gwithian but awaiting replies! Even if they won't offer a reduced rate the normal prices are reasonable as off-peak season but still worth a try :) Would be good to have feedback about the one you go to - is it Churchtown as know they do meets & rallies?
We've not been to that area of Cornwall before but researching it the massive beach looks lovely, some great walks & good places to eat.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Debs Have tried all the campsites in Gwithian but awaiting replies! Even if they won't offer a reduced rate the normal prices are reasonable as off-peak season but still worth a try :) Would be good to have feedback about the one you go to - is it Churchtown as know they do meets & rallies?
We've not been to that area of Cornwall before but researching it the massive beach looks lovely, some great walks & good places to eat.
Yes, it's Churchtown @£12.50/n inc all facilities, booking direct would be £18/n:confused:. Les & myself stayed at Gwithian Farm, next door, a few years ago now. I like the sound of st just - don't think we ever visited there. Cornwall used to be our mainstay many years ago:)
I'll let you know what Churchtown is like although it's one of my friends favourite sites:)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Yes, it's Churchtown @£12.50/n inc all facilities, booking direct would be £18/n:confused:. Les & myself stayed at Gwithian Farm, next door, a few years ago now. I like the sound of st just - don't think we ever visited there. Cornwall used to be our mainstay many years ago:)
I'll let you know what Churchtown is like although it's one of my friends favourite sites:)
Gwithian Farm looks lovely online so will be interesting to know how Churchtown compares - both are well located with the pub & bus stop to St Ives nearby (y) Hope you have a lovely time & the sun shines :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Gwithian Farm looks lovely online so will be interesting to know how Churchtown compares - both are well located with the pub & bus stop to St Ives nearby (y) Hope you have a lovely time & the sun shines :)
:cheers:Ta:)
Of all the times we went to Cornwall we NEVER had good weather so this is a warning for anyone visiting w/c 24/4:ROFLMAO:, bit like DBK trips really:D2

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I Had my fins nibbled by a seal pup whilst snorkeling around St Just many years ago, i think it wanted to play tag but i couldn't keep up alas:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back