St Ives with a Toad (1 Viewer)

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
We just spent two weeks traveling around Cormwall in the best two weeks of sun this year:Cool:, after buying a fiat siciento (Abarth) as a "toad" on a braked A frame My motorhome towed the little car like a dream when we got their the fiat came into its own loving the thin bendy roads we went into places where normal cars would struggle and parked anywhere.:thumb:

Just thourght i would share that with you all::bigsmile:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
::bigsmile:

cant wait to get my little 250 on the back of my little RV and try it all out in Cornwall's thin roads too .. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
IMO the main, and probably only, benefit of using a caravan, rather than a motorhome, is to have "the car" as transport when you are settled on a site. Having a toad means you have the best of both worlds. Especially when exploring the narrow walled lanes of Cornwall. St Ives, is lovely in any weather but when the sun is shining its great, I'm sure you had a ball:Smile:

lisab

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
Romsley, Worcs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Smart trailer

We have just been to Wales with our toad (smart on trailer) no hassles and great seaside parking!

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Hey Mark
good job you never met a bus driver coming the other way with your toad on tow
that would be interesting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Redvers-MOTs

Trade Member
Aug 20, 2008
swindon wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class ?
Exp
1 1/2 years and loving it.
Hello All.
we have brought a fiat siciento to tow behind our Motorhome, the wife did not like red so we have Desided to have it painted Burnt Orange, so the car has been totaly stripped inside and out and a 4 stage paint applied it should have a good colour flip when it is finnished, I would post pictures but despite having our own forum i cannot seam to work this one out to post pictures:Blush::cry::cry: Once done will get a A frame for it, Im hoping to get some good recomendations as to where to get one from from here, we have a Autotrail 840s which is quite big, Im not affraid of taking it down lanes or in town, but sometimes having that extra bit of transport once sited makes all the difference:thumb:

OP
OP
M

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
I bourgfht my fiat with a A frame on it cheaper than buying an A frame they can cost about £1000 try car-a-tow and towall they supply and fit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back