St Ives with a Toad

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mark91068, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mark91068

mark91068 Read Only Funster

We just spent two weeks traveling around Cormwall in the best two weeks of sun this year:Cool:, after buying a fiat siciento (Abarth) as a "toad" on a braked A frame My motorhome towed the little car like a dream when we got their the fiat came into its own loving the thin bendy roads we went into places where normal cars would struggle and parked anywhere.:thumb:

Just thourght i would share that with you all:BigGrin:

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Yes we done France in a Smart car good fun and no trouble parking anywhere:thumb::thumb:peter

3. johng

johng Read Only Funster

:BigGrin:

cant wait to get my little 250 on the back of my little RV and try it all out in Cornwall's thin roads too .. :thumb:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

IMO the main, and probably only, benefit of using a caravan, rather than a motorhome, is to have "the car" as transport when you are settled on a site. Having a toad means you have the best of both worlds. Especially when exploring the narrow walled lanes of Cornwall. St Ives, is lovely in any weather but when the sun is shining its great, I'm sure you had a ball:Smile:

5. lisab

lisab Read Only Funster

Smart trailer

We have just been to Wales with our toad (smart on trailer) no hassles and great seaside parking!

6. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Hey Mark
    good job you never met a bus driver coming the other way with your toad on tow
    that would be interesting:Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. Redvers-MOTs

Redvers-MOTs Trade Member

Hello All.
    we have brought a fiat siciento to tow behind our Motorhome, the wife did not like red so we have Desided to have it painted Burnt Orange, so the car has been totaly stripped inside and out and a 4 stage paint applied it should have a good colour flip when it is finnished, I would post pictures but despite having our own forum i cannot seam to work this one out to post pictures:Blush::cry::cry: Once done will get a A frame for it, Im hoping to get some good recomendations as to where to get one from from here, we have a Autotrail 840s which is quite big, Im not affraid of taking it down lanes or in town, but sometimes having that extra bit of transport once sited makes all the difference:thumb:

8. mark91068

mark91068 Read Only Funster

I bourgfht my fiat with a A frame on it cheaper than buying an A frame they can cost about £1000 try car-a-tow and towall they supply and fit