Splits in pvc shower tray -Dethleffs 2003 (1 Viewer)

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Have several splits around shower drain.Can anyone advise on appropriate repair or replacement ? Thanks jb

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
This happened to us as we'll but van was under warranty so the whole tray was replaced from Swift.

I've read someone on here who recommends a firm who repair them but can't remember the name, sorry.

Hopefully they will see this and reply,

Good luck

Andy

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you can get the tray out, reinforce underneath around the splits with glass fibre ribbon and then matting.

You count also add some support underneath the tray when replacing.

If no joy, call in and let Glenn or Ian have a look at the problem as your in Sussex

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Have several splits around shower drain.Can anyone advise on appropriate repair or replacement ? Thanks jb

I recently posted about the same problem with my shower tray except mine is really bad, I have been in touch with our local 'caravan medic' franchise and he can repair the tray and coat it with something called SPEEDCOAT which is guaranteed not to crack or split !!.

Now, the only trouble is its costs around £280, but I am going to bite the bullet and have it done then I can forget about having any more problems ( I hope!)::bigsmile:

http://www.thecaravanmedic.co.uk/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back