Spiral water hose - good idea or not? (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi everyone. I have spent a happy hour trawling through old threads about fresh water hoses. :RollEyes:

Seems the jury is fairly evenly divided between round/flat and garden/food standard. On balance I think I'm drawn more towards round food standard - but then it turns out they are more difficult to track down! In my surfing I came across a spiral hose: which would seem to be a good idea.

Has anyone tried one of these? What do you think?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
This is like the one we have
http://www.shrubs.co.uk/greenkey-triple-core-flat-hose-330-gy-16151-p.asp
Mate tells me they had them in at Towsure @ £15
terry
edit this also looks like one
Link Removed

Hi terry and thanks for your info. The Greenkey hose in your first link is defo 3-tube (or triple core, as I've just learned to call it :Smile:) but doesn't seem to be food quality (go on, call me picky! :wub:).

Have been on the Towsure site and they do a hose for £15 but I'm not sure it's triple core: Link Removed

Now I may well have become addled by all the time I've been spending on the computer, but I'm pretty sure your second link to leisure shop direct hits the same Brunner hose that I found earlier! :Confused:

I did manage to track down a uk bargains site that has flat hoses for only a fiver: http://www.bargains.uk.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/471
At that price I guess it wouldn't matter too much if it did only last a short while ......

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi the Bargains uk one is defo NOT the one :winky:They had them as well as the triple core ones when I bought ours
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Thanks to the spiral hose I bought and the number of hours ive tried to 'train' it, I now have a new career as a part time wrestler..!!:Smile:

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are more the family that pitch up, connect the electric and put up the safari room before we realise it is not a serviced pitch:Doh:

If you see a bloke walking back and forth between a van and a tap carrying a watering can - that will be me:Blush:

Upvote 0

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Why do so many people not drink the water from the taps in the van? Do you drink the water at home? Presumably your water at home sits in a tank similar to the one in the van, whats the difference? Most water from taps is drinkable these days across Europe why should water piped to a motorhome be bad for you?

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Why do so many people not drink the water from the taps in the van? Do you drink the water at home? Presumably your water at home sits in a tank similar to the one in the van, whats the difference? Most water from taps is drinkable these days across Europe why should water piped to a motorhome be bad for you?

:ROFLMAO:Cold water sits in the pipe at home - no tank - only hot water sits in a tank and it is advisable not to drink from the hot water tap because it could harbour germs that would breed in warm water :Eeek:A lot of people say you should not fill the kettle from the hot tap also, but when you boil it it should kill any germs/ bacteria :thumb: No reason why you should not fill your tank in the m/h and drink it other than people think the tank may not be clean/sterile- Cold water has / is clean and has chemicals in it to kill bacteria and that alone should be enough to clean the tanks pipes etc in the m/h, I usually add a quarter pint of bleach in the first tankful and flush thought the system just to ere on the side of caution :thumb: Before anyone jumps on me about bleach in boilers note I said flush the system :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hard Core Motorhomers use watering cans or similar... they are able fill up under any situations...

Hose pipes are for wimps...

Food quality hose pipes are for wimpy wimps...

Get your body's natural defences fighting fit... Drink well water !

JJ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hard Core Motorhomers use watering cans or similar... they are able fill up under any situations...

Hose pipes are for wimps...

Food quality hose pipes are for wimpy wimps...

Get your body's natural defences fighting fit... Drink well water !

How about if I go for a food quality watering can? I'm sure there will be someone out there claiming to sell one! :ROFLMAO:

I get my daily dose of bacteria in yogurt. :winky: Was thinking more of food quality hose because it seems not to taint the water. Would be quite happy drinking from motorhome tap provided the water tastes ok. I don't buy bottled water. (Looking for the 'smug' smiley but can't find it. ::bigsmile: )

Upvote 0

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
We have two hoses. A 5 metre blue food grade which I try to use most of the time. The water tastes fine when using this hose. We also have a flat role out garden hose for longer reaches and the water tastes horrid when this one is used so food grade does make a difference

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Why do so many people not drink the water from the taps in the van?

Never had a problem myself....beginning to wonder whether I'm missing something :whatthe: The water should be fine, and if I have any doubts about whether the fresh water taps have been used for filling anything they shouldn't have, I'll clean them before filling my portable 'can'.

Great....that must make me....er.....hard core :Blush:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back