Spinney Motorhomes....?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bobby22, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Has anyone had any dealings lately with Spinney. Are they any good? Would you buy from them? Is their aftersales any good.
    Any dealings with them ,good or bad, would be appreciated.

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I know a few that have bought from them as I used to live close bye. There aftersales used to be good,but for the price they charge when buying a MH from them it should be.

3. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Do you reckon their vans are overpriced or are you looking at the screen price?

4. Kevinthecat

Kevinthecat Funster

Bought my current van from them, only because Johns Cross do not sell Swifts .
    The sales team at Spinney were very good and the after sales I experienced no problems whatsoever. They offer a courtesy car as well which helped us no end .

• Like Like x 1
  5. jezport

jezport Funster

They are a decent family run business. If they had a van that I wanted at the price I wanted to pay I would not hesitate in buying from them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

7. raysalaugh

raysalaugh Funster

Bought our motorhome from them last year, took it back for a habitation service this year and no problems.
    Always friendly when we call in, also see them at the motorhome shows and Matt who was our sales guy always
    takes time to chat with us. Other funsters I have spoken to say they have had excellent service when problems
    have arisen.

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snowbird

I think most dealer vans are overpriced. They have to be to take into account any problems that may become evident after the van has been sold. If you do not have a problem then you have paid for something you have not had. I believe dealers charge work out at a minimum of £50 per hour, I was never able to earn money that quick.

9. Brendan

Brendan Funster Life Member

I bought my van from them earlier this year, and soon after noticed a problem with the comfortmatic gearbox - potentially a very expensive fix.
    All along they said they would cover the cost of repair.
    As I live 250 miles away from them, they suggested taking it to a local fiat professional dealer.
    While the bill was not as bad as it could potentially have been, it was still in the order of £1000.
    This was paid direct by Spinney to the repairer immediately.
    It's when you have these problems that you find out how good a dealer is, and I couldn't have asked for better service from Spinney.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

We purchased a new van from them in January 2014, got lots of extra stuff thrown in on the deal - but only cos Mrs KK is a cheeky monkey - They wouldnt come down on price but offered us : 120w Solar panel supplied/fitted, Fiamma Bike Carrier supplied/fitted, TV/DVD combi with wall mounted bracket supplied/fitted, lagged both fresh and waste water tanks, swivel passenger front seat supplied/fitted, so deals are to be done if you ask, not long after having the van the water pump packed up, drove it there after arranging a date and they fit a new one while we waited, a few months later the control panel packed up and the same again - we waited while they fitted a new one plus paid for our breakfast in the on site cafe - cant really say anything bad about our dealings with them - would i use again = yes recommend = yes !
    I can say more good about Spinney than the muppets who i deal with now !

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

You are behind the times more like £80 +vat these days

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Snowbird

That answers the question of why I dont do dealers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Petrol_headz

Petrol_headz Funster

We baught ours from them . The van and the aftersales have been fab. Would deffonatly buy from them again.

14. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Well I did buy a van from Spinney and i feel i got a fair deal, they were very accommodating and allowed us to overnight in their car park.

Everything was ready when they said it would be.

I have since had one or two teething problems. One being my fridge, they had an engineer sent out ( through Dometic ) that day to a rally field and sorted it.

I returned to get one or two other niggles sorted and it was no problem to them.

All in all a very good professional experience and i'm delighted with my new van.

Thanks for your input and feedback, it really has given me peace of mind.

• Like Like x 2