Spinflow Caprice Mark III

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Jerrymjj, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj Funster

Son taking motorhome away tomorrow and I've just done pre-flight checks and found a piece has fallen off underneath the cooker. Long right angled shaped piece as in photo. Can anyone please tell me where it has come from and how it goes back? I've spent sometime offering it up but it only has holes at either end and I can see no protruding spigots or whatever to hold it in place, if I knew where its place was! It matches a shaped profile underneath the burners so I suspect it might be from there but can see no means of holding it in place.

Bit of urgency involved so many thanks for any advice.

Attached Files:

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I haven't got the answer myself but I think Spinflo are now owned by Thetford so it may be worth giving them a ring. There are contact details for the UK office at Rotherham Here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Looks like a load of tiny tack welds has failed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

If those semi-circular cut-outs match the ones behind the burner (photo 2) then I suspect it was bent forward under the burner and vibration has caused the few bits of metal holding it to fail. If that IS where it came from it was always going to fall off sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj Funster

Thank you all so much. On closer inspection with a magnifying lens, that is exactly what has happened. Thanks too to Essanjay in Poole who confirmed that theory.