Spinflo Caprice MKIII

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jackomet, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Hi again!

The above 4 hob cooker is OK but I seem to be replacing the thermocouples every year when I get back from touring. The main culprit being the small front burner that lasts about a month, use real Spinflo replacements. Also a problem shared by Funster Zaskar is the oven going out and NOT switching off the gas, couple of big bangs so far.
    Any ideas?
    JK

• Like Like x 1
  2. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

I'm very interested in this as I was looking to replace mine...With a Spinflo...

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Clearly not acceptable,

I never had to replace a thermocouple our RV cooker ( A Smev, which was used full time for three years .. ) Have you contacted a Spinflow dealer ?

4. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Frankly, we're not impressed at all with our Spinflo. It feels like its been made down to a price and the flame out of the oven is a regular occurance!.:Angry:
    I'd like to rip the thing out and replace it with a STOVES 500 DIT which is what I put in my last A Class RV when I ripped the useless Atwood out of it.
    The Stoves really is a superb piece of kit and ffiona was always thrilled to bits with it which, given her catering qualifications, I recon is praise indeed.
    Only problem is, its quite a few KG heavier than the Spinflo and as we're tight (to say the least!) on payload, we'd have to do a fair bit MORE throwing out to find the capacity.:Sad:

EDIT =

PS for John

Last time I was mucking about with our oven, I found out by accident that if you open / shut the large kitchen cupboard door too quickly, it caused the oven to flame out straight away. This is obviously something to do with draughting/venting behind the oven and I installed a plastic grill (6" x 2") in the end of the cupboard unit to see if it will help with venting.
    Time will tell.