Spinflo Caprice MKIII (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi again!

The above 4 hob cooker is OK but I seem to be replacing the thermocouples every year when I get back from touring. The main culprit being the small front burner that lasts about a month, use real Spinflo replacements. Also a problem shared by Funster Zaskar is the oven going out and NOT switching off the gas, couple of big bangs so far.
Any ideas?
JK

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi again!

The above 4 hob cooker is OK but I seem to be replacing the thermocouples every year when I get back from touring. The main culprit being the small front burner that lasts about a month, use real Spinflo replacements. Also a problem shared by Funster Zaskar is the oven going out and NOT switching off the gas, couple of big bangs so far.
Any ideas?
JK

I'm very interested in this as I was looking to replace mine...With a Spinflo...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi again!

Any ideas?
JK

Clearly not acceptable,

I never had to replace a thermocouple our RV cooker ( A Smev, which was used full time for three years .. ) Have you contacted a Spinflow dealer ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Frankly, we're not impressed at all with our Spinflo. It feels like its been made down to a price and the flame out of the oven is a regular occurance!.:Angry:
I'd like to rip the thing out and replace it with a STOVES 500 DIT which is what I put in my last A Class RV when I ripped the useless Atwood out of it.
The Stoves really is a superb piece of kit and ffiona was always thrilled to bits with it which, given her catering qualifications, I recon is praise indeed.
Only problem is, its quite a few KG heavier than the Spinflo and as we're tight (to say the least!) on payload, we'd have to do a fair bit MORE throwing out to find the capacity.:Sad:

EDIT =

PS for John

Last time I was mucking about with our oven, I found out by accident that if you open / shut the large kitchen cupboard door too quickly, it caused the oven to flame out straight away. This is obviously something to do with draughting/venting behind the oven and I installed a plastic grill (6" x 2") in the end of the cupboard unit to see if it will help with venting.
Time will tell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back