Speedo lost 3 miles! (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I've been fitting a camera system to the MH and it would seem that this morning the electronics had seen that battery volts had been lost and the clock was reset (nothing had been disconnected). When I found that this evening I also noted that the mileage was three miles less than it was last time I logged it (I log every trip). The only interface to the electrics I was doing today was with the reversing light fuse. I'm just wondering how the mileometer can have lost that mileage. 2006 Peugeot Boxer (X244).

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
If I did it was doing it backwards!

I think I did start the engine this morning to check if there was any interference. Maybe that was the cause. It used to do the same thing (reset the clock) before I replaced the cab battery. Never seen it lose miles though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
I've no solution but I wouldn't have thought that the odometer (speedo!?) should go backwards in any situation. Very odd!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You either incorrectly logged the mileage or the odometer has indeed reset itself 3 miles. If it is a digital one this might be possible - there are people who earn a living clocking cars so it can be done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back