speeding fine

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by david price, Sep 28, 2009.

1. david price

david price Read Only Funster

Got done for speeding yesterday:Sad: 47 in a 40 zone.
    No points on my present licence so no big deal.Question is this? I was caught on the welshpool road and on the ticket it says weshpool road.
    Simple spelling mistake but how would this stand if i was to argue the case?
    No such road in shrewsbury.
    Anyone come across this?
    Dave

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

when you get it, if you read the 'notice of intended prosecution' it says any minor mistakes will be ignored.

i had a miss-spelling of my address...(we have a clever posty..goes by the name 'sherlock') and i thought the same thing 'til i read through the form.

bugger innit! :Angry:

if you let it go to court it WILL increase to 6 points and double fine plus costs. beleive me !!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. camper69

camper69 Read Only Funster

4. carl65

carl65 Funster

47 in a 40 bad crack that doing you for 7 miles a hour christ todays roads and cars with engines as they are police must be laughing about it sorry to hear about your fine but i would take the fine but ask if there is a 1 day course up here you have a choice of a days driving course but you do it and no pionts are given out !! beter for the insurance.

good luck

carl

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

think carefully before venturing down thepath. i argued a speeding fine in dorset .it took 2 years. my argument was the sign was a non prescribed one. (red n white stripes around the 30 mph . i proved the sign was incorrect but it came up the street name on the legalalities when the speeding restriction was changed was wrong. it as taken a further two yearsfor authority to start paying back all the fines it took in ten years. only i,5 million quid. i had 3 trips to weymouth magestrates and 5 trips to dorchester crown court. i had to use a barrister in the crown court. i never payed any solicitors bills as i only used one as a means to get a barrister. all my expenses would have had to be on a sue for costs after i won. i never carried on its hard work. even standing in the magistrates and argueing the case myself was stressfull,be warned its very stressfull. if you need more google alan dawe speeding chideock. theres lots there to read. i am told more often than not authority makes mistakes with all fines its just finding the right one. cheers alan.

6. pappajohn

just do as i did David.....pay the fine, take the 3 points.

most insurance co's allow a couple of speeding (within reason) so it shouldnt affect your premium.

when you send your licence, send it recorded at least or for a fiver you can send it special delivery....gauranteed next day and signed for as well. seperate branch of the P.O. ...not regular mail.

which reminds me....its been nearly a week now and still no licence returned to me.
    they obviously dont use the service.:Doh:

7. lazydays

lazydays Read Only Funster

Were you done with a hand held speeding camera? If you were ask to see the calibration certificate of the camera, not sure about this but I think it has to be calibrated every twenty four hours due the sensitivity of the camera. If you were done by a fixed speed camera under the road traffic act they have to notify you of intended prosecution within fourteen days of the offence taking place need more info on what happened?

8. Andy - V8 Diesel

Andy - V8 Diesel Read Only Funster

9. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

In the case of SAGA they do. They wanted another £58 for each of my misdemeanors for each policy, so I've swapped insurance. They have now lost my motorhome and car insurance in the space of two days - almost £1000, but they don't seemed bothered.
    :Eeek:

10. pappajohn

unfortunately the police are under no obligation, under road traffic act, to provide any camera details, including photos, unless you opt to go to court, then they must provide the details to you or your solicitor.

a no win really as you only have their word it was you and they only have the reg number to trace you...could be false plates on another car which could be proved if you could see the photos....but you cant.

they have to issue the FIRST 'you've been nicked' notice within 14 days but it goes to the recorded keeper who MUST state who was driving if it was not them.
    then they have 28 days to return it.

then there is no time limit on sending the actual driver the notice.

after they receive that form back from the actual driver then it is 14 days max to send a 'notice of intended prosocution' (believe me, it'll be 3 days tops)
    you then have 28 days to return the N.I.P or it goes to court and you lost the chance to pay.

says it all on the 'notice of intended prosecution' info sheet.

11. lazydays

Papa is correct, about the police not providing info about the camera, but if you ask for this info on the day of the offence it has to be noted by the police officer issuing the speeding ticket, if you go to court to contest the speeding fine they have to produce the calibration cerificate! the camera's are in use everyday, police admin who would have to forward this info to court, they some times get confuded by dates. Evidence has to be produced on the day of the court hearing, mistakes are made and chances have to be taken? It is the choice of the person being charged with speeding

12. pappajohn

i didnt know that but i was done by stealth.....speed enforcement initiative officers (plain clothed plod) hiding in the back of a tranny van with a camera at the rear window.:Angry: so didnt get the ticket for a few days.

13. david price

david price Read Only Funster

thanks for all your replies it was a hand held device.
    David.Price

14. lazydays

Your innocent until proven guilty under British law, and your entitled to ask for info about the device that proven you guilty. Even those speed camera vans that hide around corners you entitled to ask to see the calibration certificate. What have you got to lose you still get the three points the only differential is the fine? We all gamble, but it is better to lose money, I’d rather take my chance in court and try and not get the three points, money doesn’t matter as it’s usually double the original fine, but the points on your licence DO

15. vwalan

vwalan Funster

there are lots on the web about getting off. i had help from the ex chief constable of humberside.was put with a solicitor who fights for the motorist. you have to say you want to defend yourself and request the photos etc .then when you get to court you have to put up with the lieing procecution solicetor and the lieing schemeing police. i had a letter from the secretary of state for transport saying the sign was not to be used and had no permission to be there. still i was found guilty .i then had to apeal (i got no fine but 3 endorsments .)after 5 trips to crown court i was found no case to answer . licence cleaned . but although i won i spec it cost me 700 quid in travel n days off work. was it worth it ? yes .still get people ringing me thanking me. wish they all put a quid in the post. ha ha. but as it left me a marked man .only time will tell. cheers alan.

16. pappajohn

unfortunately thats not the case.....yes, the fine at least doubles but so do the points...increasing to 6 points for arguing.
    add to that the court costs and victim surcharge of £15 and it all adds up to a lot of money better in my/our pocket

it also states that on the info sheet :Sad: and the way its stated sounds like that is whats going to happen anyway.

17. Andy 01424

Andy 01424 Read Only Funster

I argued my one ,done for going through a red light,blinded by sun going slowly,anyway cut a long story short argued it court lost 3 Points and a £300 :Eeek: choice is take the Fxed Penalty and points or Argue it,weigh up the chances of winning it:Eeek: end of the day its going to cost ££££,think about this if they load your Insurance by £50per year that £200 in 4yrs removed in 4th year ,what annoys me insurance companys ask within 5yrs,sorry but according to law and the Offenders act its deemd spent and no need to be told unless voluntary,hence after 4 years it removed ,mind you you think about it ok its dangerous to speed,but the sentence is longer than for a burglary!

18. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

yes you could argue it and yes you are likely to win.

There may be a weshpool road somewhere else too and worth checking out

19. Andy - V8 Diesel

Andy - V8 Diesel Read Only Funster

Here you go Dealing with police and standing in court.

Don't ever pay a fine again (unless harm or injury has been caused Common Law)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkVe2-3eZ34]YouTube - TheAntiTerrorist on Dealing with the Police- Addendum-Part 1[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBK_gQgB1p8]YouTube - TheAntiTerrorist on Dealing with the Police- Addendum-Part 2[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZEBq66gzg]YouTube - TheAntiterrorist on 'Standing' in Court part 1[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf5ZrUVL0gU]YouTube - TheAntiterrorist on 'Standing' in Court part 2[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTpnL48Beqk]YouTube - TheAntiterrorist on 'Standing' in Court part 3[/ame]

All tested and proven facts see www.tpuc.org | News for positive people

Or like i said be a good slave and payup.:Eeek:

love and peace;
    ;;
    ;
    ;

20. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

We went away on Bank holiday weekend and on our return was a notice-talk about quick of the mark. I was done for 36 in a 30 zone. This was on a country road. I am so annoyed with myself also 1 MPH above ACPO guidelines-ah well just pay up the Chief CON obviously needs to renew his golf club membership,perhaps I should ask if I can pay it directly to the club or lodge by bank transfer:Rofl1: