LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Anyone any freee programmes that actually work and are not on a trial basis or loaded with adaware? PC is strting to annoy me now, really slow and constant dragging. VISTA installed and been fine for ages. Only other option seems to be full restore.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Put it in the car and take it for a fast drive :ROFLMAO:
of course if it is in Nikkis hearse (pt cruser) it will not go very fast :ROFLMAO:
terry
I was told some time ago of a program called Shela (or another girls name) that is supposed to work

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi tried many over the years, free and paid, never found any that made a blind bit of difference. :Doh:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
thanks guys but in honesty ive got safari running, binned firefox and the difference is amazing, try it for youself

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi hag been using Chrome for a few months now, much faster than IE8.

Olley

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
uninstall any unecessary programs

stop programs starting not needed using msconfig

optimise services

ccleaner get rid of junk

eusing reg cleaner delete all it finds

Link Removed

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi tried all them, never did any good :cry: only thing that ever worked was a reinstall of windows.

Olley

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Few thoughts

Hi Paul

If such a program existed someone would be a billionaire by now! I think there are two approaches - house keeping and/or more fire power. How much RAM do you have in the machine? Do you have the maximum? Usually 3 or 4 Gbytes for the standard 32 bit OS such as XP or Vista and cheap! The 64 bit OS version gives you far more space, but you need to have enough slots on the motherboard. If you go the hardware route a desktop is much more powerful, a laptop will always be much more feeble performance wise. How full is your disk? Get the crap backed off to a standalone drive or get a bigger faster drive - again easier on a desktop. Get rid of all the convenience stuff on the desktop and various service bars. I would find a cheap old box and upgrade it, put 64 bit XP on it and a fast big disk. Could give you some old stuff if you fancy a go. You can never have enough machines!

What are you doing that's now so slow? Do you house clean, clear out cookies, defrag the C drive regularly?

Good luck, Dave.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
buy another computer::bigsmile: the acer range are quick and are small to fit on a postage stamp
the advance in computers is amazing to think i started with a performa 450 mac
ill buy another dont go for clocking:Smile:

ray

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi tried all them, never did any good :cry: only thing that ever worked was a reinstall of windows.

Olley

Reinstalling windows is a last resort and somewhat time consuming to get it back to what software and updates you had before.

Its a lot easier to carry out regular maintenance, never had to do a reinstall ;but would highly recommend acronis true image.

regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back