Speed limits (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
There are loads of vehicles in that bracket ie over 3.5T used as motorhomes so someone will tell us what their V5 shows..
The answer is both, mine is over 3,500kg and is registered as a motor caravan and private HGV:
motorhome.jpg

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
So the next question...have you any idea what your unladen weight might come in at :)
Just curious..
Andy
Well in excess of 3.05t is the answer I would have to give. Therefore the speed limits that I use are:
50/60/70 for single/dual/motorway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
And yet another spanner in the works :D
Don't forget when towing a trailer (including TOADS), regardless of unladen weight the limits become:
50/60/60 for single/dual/motorway and you must not use the outside lane on motorways with three lanes or more.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Well in excess of 3.05t is the answer I would have to give. Therefore the speed limits that I use are:
50/60/70 for single/dual/motorway
Yes but what is say your mass in service on your v5...
If your bored with all these questions I understand lol
But would like to see an example..
Andy.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Yes but what is say your mass in service on your v5...
If your bored with all these questions I understand lol
But would like to see an example..
Andy.
The mass in service should be on the plate in the vehicle, but the unladen mass is not (pretty sure on that) I am back at the van at lunchtime, so I will check for you.
By the way, I just downloaded the brochure from Swift for our van, and the unladen mass isn't in the technical data!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The mass in service should be on the plate in the vehicle, but the unladen mass is not (pretty sure on that) I am back at the van at lunchtime, so I will check for you.
By the way, I just downloaded the brochure from Swift for our van, and the unladen mass isn't in the technical data!
Thanks... my mass in service is shown on my v5 further down the page maybe section G ??it's over 3050kg by 19kg but as I explained in an earlier post I think I'd be prepared to debate the point based on the definitions of the two weights..
My van is a chausson 620 and the makers give a mass in running order and specify what that includes so although not definitive it gives an approx for unladen weight..
Andy

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
On our v5 or plates the unladen weight is not shown.
It's a 4t maxi chassis and to be honest I do 60 - 70 - 70.
Were usually on a mission to get somewhere anyway.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I have an Ace Modena [which is a Swift brand]
My data is in the 'service booklet'.
Of course it doesn't simply say Unladen Mass - that would be too easy.
But it is pretty clear;
"Mass In Running Order (*) 2811 KG
Maximum Technical
Permissible Laden Mass 3400 KG
*The Mass in Running Order is the mass of the unladen vehicle
including a 75kg allowance for the driver plus engine coolants and 90% of the fuel tank, water tank and gas capacity.
"

So even accepting that my van has a 100kg lower MTP than most at 3.5 tonnes - I'd say it was fairly clear that I'm under the 3050kgs so could use the higher speed limits.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back