Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I just saw this in a local French English Newspaper and thought I would let you all know All drivers in France with Satellite navigatoions devices installed in their vehicles must update the software when driving through France after a new law was introduced in January making it illegal to use radar warning equipmentThe penalty for having this on your Sat Nav is l.500 euros

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I think it's always been illegal to use Radar warning equipment and Sat Navs do not warn you of Radar cameras.
They do,however give the locations of fixed speed cameras and I believe this is to what you are referring -latest updates should not contain that information. My Garmin 1490 does not ::bigsmile: so I am legal-phew !

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
:Sad: Speed cameras in France aren't in big yellow boxes either. I didn't notice them at first and half expected to get home to a few tickets after a recent trip. If you see a warning sign there is likely to be a camera ahead. :Smile: Don't normally speed anyway but the roads over there are so good - and empty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Doe's this mean that our old Garmin 660 nuvi is not legal even with the safety camera function switched off?
Regards Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back