Speed Cameras in France

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bee, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Bee

Bee Read Only Funster

I just saw this in a local French English Newspaper and thought I would let you all know All drivers in France with Satellite navigatoions devices installed in their vehicles must update the software when driving through France after a new law was introduced in January making it illegal to use radar warning equipmentThe penalty for having this on your Sat Nav is l.500 euros

2. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I think it's always been illegal to use Radar warning equipment and Sat Navs do not warn you of Radar cameras.
    They do,however give the locations of fixed speed cameras and I believe this is to what you are referring -latest updates should not contain that information. My Garmin 1490 does not :BigGrin: so I am legal-phew !

3. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

:Sad: Speed cameras in France aren't in big yellow boxes either. I didn't notice them at first and half expected to get home to a few tickets after a recent trip. If you see a warning sign there is likely to be a camera ahead. :Smile: Don't normally speed anyway but the roads over there are so good - and empty.

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

They've always been a bit sneaky, just a grey box at ground level. They are removing the warning signs now.

5. vana

vana

Doe's this mean that our old Garmin 660 nuvi is not legal even with the safety camera function switched off?
    Regards Mike