speed camaras

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ginge61, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ginge61

ginge61 Read Only Funster

2. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Thanks Ginge

Yours Cynically...

Steve.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

4. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

There is another system for beating these and the static cameras that does not need you to change lanes.

DONT SPEED !!!

5. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

Yes thats quite right, you could always not speed, no smoke, not drink, exercise, pay all your tax's willingly:Blush:

Or you could have a life:thumb:

6. 6pm Cowboy

Is it not possible to enjoy YOUR life without ending others ? :BigGrin:

7. The Wallace

The Wallace Read Only Funster

Had a guy rear end me once (well not me, obviously, but the car).

His excuse -" I didn't want to go over the 30 limit so was watching my speedometer!!"

8. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

So far i have driven for 30 years and haven't managed to kill anyone yet, i proberbly need to go just a little quicker to get um:Doh:

Also don't think I have bored anyone to death either:Rofl1:, I can't say for certain however that I haven't killed someone as a result of a drinking/dinning/laughing/partying sessions, but at least if I have they will have died Happy:Rofl1:

Maybe one day when you get yourself a motorhome, you'll join us on a meet and enjoy the party too

Ps I don't drink n drive, as you spill it on the corners:cry:

9. 6pm Cowboy

I look forward to it. Though I might get there just a couple of seconds after you :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick Read Only Funster

Another way to avoid prosecution would appear to be, Become a Traffic Cop!!:Angry:

11. 6pm Cowboy

Which reminds me of the presumably well known story of the class of 12 year olds who were asked to write an essay about how they would cut down on road accidents when they were old enough to drive.

One lad just wrote.

'Drive a police car'

12. JumboBeef

JumboBeef Read Only Funster

I don't ever knowingly speed.

I say this a lot, and no one believes me!

Really, I don't. I will do 30 in a 30, and I will be doing 30 at the 30 sign, but no one ever believes me when I say this.

People always say ' you must speed at some point'. No: I don't, really! I never knowingly speed.

I work for the emergency services, and as such often drive at 100+ on open roads, or maybe at quite a wedge over the speed limits in towns/villages when I am legally allowed to but I always stick to the limits when in my private car.

And yes, the police (and other emergency service drivers) DO get done for speeding.

Clean licence, and it is staying that way :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  13. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

Why is it that the only people that appear to whinge and beef about speeding, cameras and the police are the people who get caught! Why do people try to get around the law - that's why we have laws; because of people who cannot be responsible.

That's my beef for the day

14. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick Read Only Funster

Sometimes the law is an ass. 40 MPH on the A1 for a modern truck is a joke.

Traffic police were quite happy as long as we didn't exceed 50 but cameras?:shout:

15. Kon tiki

Kon tiki Read Only Funster

Isn't it strange how many 'good' drivers think it is ok for them to ignore the speed limit as they have never had an accident in their 30 odd years of driving. What some peolpe fail to realise the spped limits have to be set for the lowest level of driving experience to make the roads safe. I always try to keep to the limits but have to agree that sometimes there doesn't seem any logic to the speed limits on some stretches of raod. There does need to be a complete review of the limits on some roads.

16. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

Speed limit and modern trucks?

To some extent I may agree with you but try telling that to people who have been hit by a modern truck at 50. I have travelled in many countries and the UK is one of the worst for speeders, non signallers at round abouts, cutting across white lines on bends, tail gating and just downright agreesive driving. I started to wonder if I was the only one who felt like this.

Now I've stopped beefing and got the soap box out!

17. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I have the greatest respect for 30s and 40s. This is where the risk to others ,ie pedestrians animals etc is greatest and will always stick to these limits. It is unfortunate that speed repeater signs are so infrequent , you can easily be driving at the wrong speed especially in the lower limit areas. There should also be repeater signs in 30 mph areas.
    De restricted areas 60s and 70s , now thats another story. :Wink:

18. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Why? If we're not sure we can play it safe and not go above 30. It isn't all that far between repeaters anywhere so it ain't going to do anyone any harm if we happen to be a bit slower than the limit :Smile:

But we have to take Kontiki's point on board. An experienced driver in a well maintained car with good tyres, brakes etc might be OK but what about the 17 year old who passed the test a couple of weeks before and is driving a clapped out Fiesta? As Kontiki says, the legislation has to cater for the lowest level of driving experience.

Graham

19. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

speed cameras and speed traps are just a way of making money they have not made any reduction to accidents. I am not saying speed but i think the signs that come on to tell you to slow down have just as much effect in stopping speeding and making you think, also if your nicked and they do not do the job properly you can find info on the internet to help you

20. JJ

JJ Funster

If any of the "speed limits are just to get money" and "I am safe at over the speed limit because I am a good driver" etc brigade had lost a child, killed by a speeding driver, maybe, just maybe, they would review their attitudes...

JJ