Specific Questions on American RV import (1 Viewer)

fatelvis2

Free Member
Jun 30, 2008
Funster No
Hi all,

First ever post!! And what a great forum!!

I have read some good stuff on here about the import process and I am clear on the shipping/conversion/SVA/MOT/Insurance process.

But, I have a few questions:

Does anyone recommend a company who can do the conversion and SVA?

Is it true that the 100.39in width rule has now gone?

Does anyone know about companies who will store the thing for you? (my drive is too small and narrow:))

Can you get multiple seat belts fitted to accomodate the kids or what are the rules on them?

Final Question: Is can you simply hop on the ferry and travel Europe or do you need something else done apart from green card insurance?

Thanks,
Rich.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Rich
Welcome to the FUN forum.
In answer to one question conversion work can be carried out by Motorhome Medics in Cheltenham. They're in the process of converting one for a member at the moment and have done several more I know of;Motorhome Medics Home Page

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is it true that the 100.39in width rule has now gone? Dont bank on it, depends on which office you choose to register, as they dont know the answer themselves:whatthe:

Can you get multiple seat belts fitted to accomodate the kids or what are the rules on them? Most Rv are fully belted:thumb:

can you simply hop on the ferry and travel Europe or do you need something else done apart from green card insurance?
Yes but Green card not reqd for most of Europe but for some fringe member states eg Moroco it is (check):winky:

SVA Not reqd for Motorhomes, straight forward registration is all.:thumb:

Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The 100.39 rule still applies but really depend on what you region DVLA feel like:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
one assumes lights need to be changed for british roads and then back again for Europe?(Dip left/right)?

:Cool: Yes of course they do. But how many of us actually do it? :ROFLMAO:

BTW. Do the Europeans change theirs when they come to the UK?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
When I was importing LHD Scania's from Holland we would tape up the quadrant on the headlights so they dipped straight down instead of to the left for the MOT, then take the tape off as they were used 99% of the time in Europe!

Regards Pat

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back