Special thanks to ........ (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all the replies to my request for not to be missed places to stop on the west coast of France.
We are currently making our way back to the UK (3 week trip) up the west coast of FRANCE & have put together a rough itinerary of the places you all suggested.

Special thanks to Taran_Las & Fidget - we are now parked on the Aires at Gastes - what a find!!!
Going to stay here a few nights - lake for Tony to canoe on, Country roads etc for him to cycle (presently out at the moment!) and a sandy beach should I want to avail myself of it. Bonus - we managed to pick up Sky TV on our snipe yesterday so Tony could watch final leg of tour de France :)
gastes aire.JPG

Last edited:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Fancy sharing your itenerary jaygee?

We are off in Sept and looking for the same advice.

Hymie.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
No problems - I have put everyone's suggestions into a word document which I would be happy to email you if you send me your email via a private message. I will write up our blog when I get home - not sure if it will be in time for you? I put all recommendations on a map using coloured stickers & used my document as notes (sad I know!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Definitely not sad, rather clever really.

I set off end of April for a 3week trip, one of Jim's logbooks on the dash, clipboard for making notes, forgot all about it once we crossed the pond, still not sure where we visited after 3000 miles in 3 weeks.

Won't make that mistake again.

PM sent.

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Blog idea sounds great jaygee,we are thinking about doing the west coast next year, so any suggestions/ideas would be really useful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back