Special Offers & Deals

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mattyjwr, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Mattyjwr

Note quite a special offer but more of a feature that I believe is new:

If you use Dropbox and want to capture a screen shot to share with others, press Ctrl & Prt Scr - this will give you a url that you can share. I've used it this evening to show a route or a spot that I have on google maps but it could be used to show computer settings etc. Eg. https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4kui9terloknf5/Screenshot 2014-01-27 19.28.12.png

For those don't know about Dropbox, Dropbox gives you free cloud storage (the ability to store files on your computer and on the internet so that you can access your info where ever you have access to the internet). We use our space to store and share files that I can access at home and work but also emergency documents such as scanned and encrypted vehicle registration & insurance documents and our passports so that if we had an emergency overseas, we can get copies of our documents even if our mhome has been nicked etc. I can also give access to others to use the a specific folder so that we can share photos or files that are too large to email. If you haven't got dropbox and want it, click here to get it. (by using this link https://db.tt/8jIVdXe, I will get a referral gain of extra space (500mb), you get several gb of free space).

• Like Like x 2
  3. orridge

orridge Funster

if you have an IOS device have a look at box which is similar to dropbox but they are currently providing 50gb of data and you do not need to get the referrals.

4. Mattyjwr

Is this the Box system you've mentioned: https://itunes.apple.com/app/box-for-iphone-and-ipad/id290853822

I haven't used Box but it looks good - especially the 50GB - I might try it for backing up my photos to try it out.

I've used Dropbox for several years and it syncs well with my Android phone, Ipad & Windows 7 laptops and have approx 8GB space - it is pretty easy to get around 5GB without referrals.

Both seem to work off and online.

5. orridge

orridge Funster

Yes that is the one I mentioned, once you download and create an account you get allocated 50gb.

I tend to use both but worthwhile for 50gb for backing up photos.

6. Mattyjwr