Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I know we have many from the NE on here so I request your help.

My grandson is coming home from Singapore and is going to Uni. up there so I want to introduce him to some of the phrases that may help (or confuse) him. :whatthe:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Try this link hinnie.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbMWBvop-q8[/ame]

Good Luck.
Geoff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Don't forget we are currently educating Princess Eugenie up here, by all accounts she's good for 6 pints a night by now.:winky:

So thats where she is getting her dress sense:ROFLMAO:

Norrie

Free Member
Mar 17, 2009
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Heheh.
Every year a bunch of us take the Ferry from Newcastle to Holland for our motorbiking tour of Europe and every year I feel a wee bit sorry for the Bulgarian (or whatever) barstaff who have to cope with "mair bee-ah gadgie". :ROFLMAO:
Great bunch though the Geordies and I would vote for moving the border south and welcoming them into Scotland.

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Lttle known Geogie facts:-
Hadaway & Shyte were in fact a very well known solicitors in Gosforth, an often seen trawler in Whitly Bay with the epithet "Shy Talk" and an itinerant blacksmith from Merton Collery known to his workmates as "Hoyahamaoerhere".

We moved from God's own country after living in both Sunderland and Newcastle, down sarf to Sussex, me and SWMBO being both Makems but son and daughter born on the banks of the Tyne, well the Newcastle Maturnity Hospital (now flats), so they are true Geodies. However, living down in Sussex for most of they lives, they speak with this posh Surrey/Sussex accent. There is NO R in bath, glass and grass (OK just one).
Now after that fine brekky of black pudding, peas pudding and stotty I will get back to forcing my rubarb.
JK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back