spare wheel release ford chassis (1 Viewer)

pogjones

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Funster No
Does anyone know how to release the spare wheel nexxo T660 ford chassis.
I have a long socket brace but nowhere obvious to use it. Looking underneath it looks like the wheel will come down straight which points me in the direction of a cable release, but can't locate anything that releases it. Then what is the long brace for as i have no corner steadies either.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Only going from memory, I think there is a rachet mech. that releases a cable that drops the wheel think its on side of chasis. Sorry cant be more helpful. I have a Ford but my wheel is kept in garage not much help to you.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
spare wheel

my rollerteam has a round hole just behind the rear wheel arch, where the said wheelbrace goes in and turns a nut lowering the wheel.
good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Long brace with a loop on one end may be for the jack.

Transit has the spare winch point just behind the rear RHS wheel. Because of the body, the wheel brace wasn't long enough to clear so I had to make an extension.

Check before you get a flat because mine had the jack extension stand stuffed into the spare tyre and with a flat tyre, I couldn't slide the spare out because the jack stand was catching and I couldn't jack it up far enough to clear without the jack stand. And I didn't know it was a jack stand anyway so....
Idiots!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back