spare wheel release ford chassis

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by pogjones, Aug 19, 2009.

1. pogjones

pogjones Read Only Funster

Does anyone know how to release the spare wheel nexxo T660 ford chassis.
    I have a long socket brace but nowhere obvious to use it. Looking underneath it looks like the wheel will come down straight which points me in the direction of a cable release, but can't locate anything that releases it. Then what is the long brace for as i have no corner steadies either.

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Only going from memory, I think there is a rachet mech. that releases a cable that drops the wheel think its on side of chasis. Sorry cant be more helpful. I have a Ford but my wheel is kept in garage not much help to you.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

3. bevo

bevo Read Only Funster

spare wheel

my rollerteam has a round hole just behind the rear wheel arch, where the said wheelbrace goes in and turns a nut lowering the wheel.
    good luck.

4. Tony Lee

Tony Lee Read Only Funster

Long brace with a loop on one end may be for the jack.

Transit has the spare winch point just behind the rear RHS wheel. Because of the body, the wheel brace wasn't long enough to clear so I had to make an extension.

Check before you get a flat because mine had the jack extension stand stuffed into the spare tyre and with a flat tyre, I couldn't slide the spare out because the jack stand was catching and I couldn't jack it up far enough to clear without the jack stand. And I didn't know it was a jack stand anyway so....
    Idiots!!!